Wasn't working for me originally, but I updated my browser from 6.x.xxx.x to 7.0.517.41 and it's working great now.
The mcs seems to work really well too, I butchered a few names pretty bad and it got me to the pages no problem. One thing I've noticed that doesn't work is if I put in a type (ie fire) the URL will come up http://www.smogon.com/dp/types/Fire
, which directs to an invalid page because of the capital F in fire. Don't know how hard that would be to alter (personally I'd rather see this fixed on the site to accept caps, but that's not in your jurisdiction). It'd be nice if it cleared itself after each search too but that's nothing major.
Thanks a lot, I'm glad to have a Smogon search that doesn't occupy the omnibar.