- Added support for German Black 2 on DSi / 3DS
- Fixed support for French, German, Italian, and Spanish games which was broken in 1.14.3 (sorry!)
- Fixed bug in PID generation of Hidden Grotto encounters
- Added support for French, German, Italian, and Spanish Black 2 / White 2 on DS / DS Lite
- Added support for French and Italian Black 2, and German White 2, on DSi / 3DS
- Added correct ESV calculation for Black 2 / White 2 games
- Fixed issue where non-Japanese Black 2 / White 2 game versions were missing from the various seed inspectors
- Fixed issue where Hidden Grotto Searcher window would disappear when you tried to resize it
- Added support for English Black 2 / White 2 on DSi/XL/3DS
- Fix for bug in Trainer ID Frame Searcher which caused it to randomly fail to find IDs
- Added support for English Black 2 / White 2 on the original DS and DS Lite
- Added a new parameter searcher specifically for Black 2 / White 2 that is much easier and quicker than the IV checking technique used in Black / White
- Added Gen 4 Trainer ID abuse support
- Added ability to search for a specific TID (with optional SID) without needed to specify a PID to be shiny in the Gen 5 Trainer ID searcher
- Fixed problems with Chatot chatters in the Wondercard Seed Inspector
- Added support for Japanese Black 2 / White 2 on DSi / XL / 3DS.
- Added Dream Radar support.
- Added Hidden Hollow generation support.
- Added support for shiny charm in Standard Seed Searcher.
- Added support for the effects of the having done a memory link with a Black / White game. This affects the initial PID frame and also has a small effect on Dream Radar.
- Added a larger seed cache to cover a number of different scenarios. This has increased the application size by about 10 megabytes.
- Standard Seed search is fastest within the first 6 IV frames.
- Faster searching is supported up to IV frame 100 for Black 2 / White 2 and frame 102 for Black / White. This includes C-Gear seeds for Black 2 and White 2.
- Instant search for Black / White C-Gear seeds is supported up to frame 100.
- Faster search for Dream Radar seeds is supported up to frame 40 for slot 1.
- Fixed the broken CSV output functionality.
- Fixed a bug in the calculation of the expected number of results in the 4th Gen seed searcher.
- All table columns can now be resized.
- Added support for Japanese Black 2 / White 2 on DS / DS Lite.
- Except for C-Gear seed searches, all Gen 5 RNG abuse types supported for Black / White should also work for Black 2 / White 2.
- On Japanese Black 2 / White 2 retail cartridges Timer0 shows more variance than in Black / White, having up to 6 different values. The use of an external timer (eg. a stopwatch) is highly recommended to avoid frustration.
- In Black 2 / White 2, C-Gear seeds are not used. Turning on the C-Gear just advances the Standard Seed IV frame by 2 instead of reseeding the IV RNG as in Black / White.
- Added support for double grass encounters. At this time, only the Pokemon on the right side of a double battle can be RNG abused.
- Changed the way that configurations are handled in the Gen 5 seed inspectors to eliminate the need to create a new configuration in order to inspect the details of a seed.
- Fixed a bug that would produce wrong results when starting a search from Janurary 1, 2000.
* Bug fix for a display issue with the Gen 4 Egg IV Searcher.
* Added 4th Generation breeding support with the Egg PID and Egg IV searchers, and corresponding tabs in the Generation 4 Seed Inspector
* Seed / frame details now filled in automatically when opening the Gen 4 Seed Inspector from a Gen 4 seed searcher
* Added Chatot pitch info to Gen 4 Seed Inspector
* Added support for other encounter lead abilities in Gen 5 such as Cute Charm and Suction Cups
* Standard Seed Searcher now clearly shows which types of encounters are possible on which frames for a given shiny seed and allows filtering on desired encounter types
* Added proper Entralink PID generation and frame timing to Standard Seed Inspector
* Added instant search for standard IV patterns on Entralink frames 21-26 to C-Gear Seed Searcher
* Added Entralink Nature Search to C-Gear Seed Inspector
* 5th Gen Egg Seed Searcher now allows for the use of an optional seed cache file, which makes searches to run in 1/3rd of the time normally required. To use this, download the separate eggseeds.dat file and place it in the same folder as PPRNG.
* Added Chatot pitch info to Standard Seed Inspector and Wonder Card Seed Inspector
* Standard Seed Inspector now shows which item will be found in Swirling Dust and Bridge Shadows when they are not encounters (distribution of Everstone and King's Rock may not be correct, but others should be)
* Wonder Card Seed Searcher & Inspector now support full specification of Wonder Card parameters to ensure that the PID is correctly generated
* Wonder Card Seed Searcher now supports searching for shinies for those cards which allow it
* Seed / frame details now filled in automatically when opening the seed inspectors from the seed searchers for Standard Seeds, Egg Seeds, Wonder Cards, and CGear Seeds for both IVs and Entralink Natures
* Added support for Italian games on DSi / 3DS. Only the Korean games are not currently supported on DSi/XL/3DS.
* Unset Parent IVs in the Egg Seed Searcher and Standard Seed Inspector's Eggs tab no longer result in a 0 IV, instead giving an indication of which parent is passing on the IV and preventing a potentially large number of false positives when searching for Trick Room seeds
* Fishing encounter slots now properly separated from Surfing encounter slots
* Multiple natures can now be searched simultaneously in Gen 5
* Trainer ID Searcher now gives a clearer indication of what kinds of encounters are possible for a chosen PID frame from a given seed
* Very small speed optimization for hashed seeds
* Fixed issue in Gen 5 Config panel where a config using a DS Phat did not display the DS type correctly
* Fixed an issue with the way that the IV search parameters checked for IV patterns which could disable the faster searches unnecessarily
* Edits in the current text cell are now properly recognized when a search is started
* The Standard Seed Searcher is now 75% faster than before for all common searches. As long as you choose one of the IV patterns from the drop down menu (you can still set more specific IVs for, for example, a specific hidden power) and you are searching within the first 6 IV frames (there is not much reason to search for other frames unless you really want something on a particular date), you will benefit from the fact that PPRNG has all useful seeds of these types precalculated. This reduces the search time for a 30-day month with up to 3 key presses on my 2008 Mac Book Pro (2 cores) from 35 minutes to 9 minutes. If you choose to search with other parameters, PPRNG will revert to the slower (though still relatively fast!) search.
* Support for French and Spanish games on DSi/3DS added.
* Wonder Card and Egg Seed searches experienced minor speed increases.
* Fixed a bug in the CGear IV generation code that caused slightly wrong IVs to be generated for the first 6 frames.
* Fixed a crash that occurred when opening any of the windows before setting a DS Type in the configuration.
* Fixed the problem with the Standard Seed Searcher not opening in OS 10.5.
* Made various cosmetic and behind-the-scenes code changes to clean up the project code base in preparation for source release.
* Added Swarm frame support in the Standard Seed Searcher and Inspector.
* Added support for Korean games on DS and DS Lite.
* Added support for German games on DSi and 3DS.
* The Standard Seed Searcher columns are now adjustable and the window width can be resized. There is too much data to display for me to try to cram it into a fixed size. There is no saving of column widths or window size, however.
* Fixed the automatic check for updates that I broke in 1.8.0. Please spread the word to fellow PPRNG users about this update, since they won't get the automatic notification this time.
* DSi, DSi XL, and 3DS users can now do Standard Seed RNG on English and Japanese language games. We hope to get other languages soon. Make sure you set your DS model correctly in your configuration.
* Added the 4th Generation Seed Inspector, and rewrote the 4th Generation Seed Searcher to use Wichu's instant search algorithm. There are now also separate configurations for 4th Generation games.
* Searches based on Standard Seeds (including Wonder Cards and Breeding) have received another speed increase. For example, on my 2008 Mac Book Pro (2 cores), searching all key combinations took 1 minute 37 seconds for a single date, and about 48 minutes for a full month. With this update running on the same machine, it now takes 1 minute 10 seconds for a single day, or 35 minutes for a whole month, which is more than 25% less than version 1.5.0. Users with better machines than mine will see less drastic improvement, but it will still be faster.
* Numerous tweaks have been done behind the scenes.
While the above list appears short, a lot has changed under the hood, so it's possible that I've broken something that used to work.
* Searching for Standard Seeds, Wonder Card Seeds, and Egg Seeds is now multi-threaded. One thread for each processor on the machine will be created, meaning that searching will be potentially be multiple times faster. If you run multiple searches simultaneously, search time will be impacted because there will be more threads running than processors.
* The search algorithm speed for Standard Seeds and Egg Seeds has been improved, in addition to the threading above. Combined with the threading, most users will see searches running at least twice as fast as before.
As an example, searching in the Standard Seed Searcher on IV frames 1-5 for a single day with all buttons checked and two Timer0 values takes 5 minutes 46 seconds in version 1.2.0 on my 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo Mac Book Pro with 4GB memory (late 2008). In 1.5.0 it takes 1 minute 37 seconds. Multiplied out to a full month's search, what used to take 2 hours and 53 minutes now takes 48 minutes 30 seconds.
* All searchers and inspectors now handle the initial PID frame offsets, for example displaying the initial frame number and only considering results starting from the initial frame number. Adjacent frames are generated using the same offset from the initial PID frame so as to more likely provide accurate and useful adjacents.
* Each gender ratio now has its own column to make clear which ratio is which gender.
* Many searchers and inspectors now have tool tips to help explain the meaning of some of the less obvious columns and settings. Hover over fields, column headings, etc. to see their meaning. Note that not all tool tips have been added at this time, though the Standard Seed Searcher is complete.
* Some argument checking has been added, though it is still incomplete.
* The issue with times being wrong under OS X Lion should be fixed.
* PPRNG will now check for updates when you run it. Hopefully fewer people will be stuck on old versions in the future.
* Many more filtering options have been added to the Standard Seed Searcher. Note that PID frame-related filters do not have a significant effect on the search time because the majority of the search time is taken finding the IV frames. These filters are there because many people dislike having to sift through results. At the moment these filters are not taken into account when estimating the number of results that will be produced.
* The Egg Seed Searcher and Eggs tab now handle the special parents Nidoran-F and Illumise.
* It is now possible to search for Eggs based on the desired Species or Gender.
* The Hidden Power column was added back to the Eggs tab.
* The searcher and inspector now allow for the user to enter details of the Wonder Card which may affect how the frames are generated. At the moment, it has defaults for the two known card types, but it is possible to edit the specific details using the custom setting if a new type of card is released. All currently available cards are handled by the 'Standard' card except for the two shiny cards released in Japan which are covered by the 'Shiny' card.
* The Wonder Card Seed Inspector now shows Characteristics.
* The C-Gear Seed Inspector now allows for searching within the list of frames, which is very helpful when using the Adjacents tab to try and find what delay and frame you actually hit.
There are probably some other changes that I have forgotten in this big update.
* Initial Egg Seed Searcher added. It isn't always accurate when calculating how many expected results there will be, but it shouldn't prevent you from running reasonable searches. In some cases you can run searches that will return way too many results.
* Added Characteristic to the Adjacents Tab of the Standard Seed Inspector.
* Updated wild encounter PID generation to use the newest researched algorithm.
* Fixed a bug where you couldn't have an ID or SID of 0 (again).
* Fixed a bug where the searches would get stuck if there were too few seeds being considered (most commonly seen in the ID Frame Search tab).
* Various minor cosmetic changes. Most notable is that shiny is now indicated with a star instead of '!!!' (because I felt like it).
* Added Characteristic calculation for egg frames if you supply the IV frame number and the IVs of both parents. This is helpful for locating which frame you landed on.
* Fixed (hopefully) incorrect egg frame generation.
* Removed the ES (everstone) column from the egg tab of the Standard Seed Inspector. If breeding with an everstone, the nature will be replaced with <ES> if the everstone takes effect.
* Added columns for held item, fishing success, and dust/shadow item to the PID frame section of the Standard Seed Searcher.
* Added a switch for when the first pokemon in your party has the ability Compound Eyes to the PID frame section of the Standard Seed Inspector. This has a small effect on how the frame is generated, but most importantly it has an effect on the item that a wild Pokemon holds (if it holds any at all).
* Added columns for fishing success and dust/shadow encounter to the Trainer ID searcher so that you can know whether your shiny PID will allow you to fish and / or find a Pokemon in swirling dust / bridge shadows.
* Fixed a bug where you couldn't have an ID / SID of 0.
* Fixed a bug where you couldn't type into the Hidden Power minimum power field.
* ID/SID Abuse - See Trainer ID Searcher
* DS Parameter Searcher now uses the MAC address from your configuration, and allows for button presses, ideal for checking if you're hitting a different timer0 value.
* Min PID frame for shiny search in Standard Seed Searcher
* Better estimation of the number of results (now considers HP type, shininess)
* Other minor visual fixes
* Added Stationary Encounter frame type to cover encounters such as Cobalion.
* Various minor GUI fixes.
* Bugfix for incorrect Encounter Slot calculation.
* Added Sync and ESV columns to shiny section of the Standard Seed Searcher.
Fixed a bug causing the Standard Seed Searcher to not display shiny PID frame information.
Actual fix for OS X 10.5 issues.
Attempt to fix issues when running on OS X 10.5.