Hey guys, sorry it took so long. I am beginning to think of this team as a community effort, hopefully more insights will be provided.
I made another alt for this team to continue where I stopped, and so far I'm 1259 with 10 wins and no losses, which is always a good sign. A lot of ratings have been given, so I'll address the common points:
1) Lot's of techniloom suggestions, which is why I should add a "If gen 6 were here and all my dreams come true section" for what would happen to the team if unreleased things and possible move additions were to happen. Would also give DW OU teams a bit of hints as well.
2) I have no need currently to try subseed Breloom because of one thing, Exadrill has no pokemon to set up upon with SD, since 5 of them kill if he even tries to do so, and believe me ppl have tried predicting a switch. Volca usually has killed a pokemon before drill appears, so I never switch him out because his sash cannot be used due to the weather and I don't like to run a team with half hp pokemon given the nature of it. So either he misses his rock slide or I poach on the rare users who SD infront of him. Otherwise, he already has done his job before hand.
3) Yup, never paid much attn to the Timid/Modest Boundary, and also me skipping Gen 3/4 hasn't given me much experience in EV spreads, so if anyone has optimal spreads let me know :)
Thundrus and Starmie are now Timid.
4) Rain dance is chosen is because as others have said, it's the least offending weather to my team, and I actually like Rain. Problems arise and that is why Hail was suggested here when Skarmory makes an appearance or when something I can only use fire against shows up against Volca. I can only play around or set up until it stops, but usually setting up rain dance, especially when ttar and ninetales are gone, means you have won the match.
An interesting evolution of sun teams these days has seen Venasaur learning sunny day, and I'd like to think that I was one of the reasons why he dropped one his more standard moves for it :P
5) I dropped HP ice in favor of Taunt and kept T-wave. It was initially a hard decision seeing how I loved to slaughter dragons with it, but I already had 2 ice moves and Taunt was just beastly. SR set ups and DDs by the foe dropped dramatically and it also helped land free T-Bolts and T-waves.
I'm lovin it! (Copyright of McDonalds <_<)
6) Heatran is nice, but if you see the theme of this team, its about either priorities, epic speed base stats or set ups which involve increasing speed and another stat, Volca has none of the above. Add to that he only has one stab, and while setting SR would be nice, I have a momentum to keep.
Rotom-W is beastly in Sand, but it lacks Focus Blast which Thundrus has, which OHKO ttar most of the time, it lacks taunt, and after tricking choice scarf (I found myself in trouble many times) no useful priority or ability to help the team with. Also since I have no bulk in my team, there was no one to switch into using Volt Switch barring Starmie..
Thanks once more!
Last edited by X5Dragon; Sep 11th, 2011 at 9:21:08 PM.