National Pokemon Association- Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
I am going to be holding a press conference tomorrow. I have some big announcements, so all reporters and fans better be there!

Congrats to the Wartortles and the Escavaliers on their early victories. I have two new announcements:

1. The deadline is coming up; if your team has already won, remember that the amount of matches that you win will help break ties. So get all of the battles done!
2. The Solace-OminousOppressor scandal has been resolved, no victory has been awarded to anyone and a replacement match between iss and twash will occur.

Other than that, don't forget to check out the NPA News for Week 1 and don't forget about BlueCookies' press conference tomorrow!

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I was just witness to the Fish v makiri match. Fish wins 2-0. I'm thinking the rest of the teams should quit talking and put their energy into their matches. It's all about the fundamentals. My players are all about the game. None of this recording rap albums or trash talking bs.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
For those watching at home, mattj beat me in the dirtiest game ever:

- First convincing me that Huy's alt was actually his alt, so I played an extra match
- using 6 Pokemon against my 4
- his use of HGSS tutor moves in a VGC09 match (I agreed to let it slide in exchange for fixing one of my abilities)
- his crit on a 3 CM Cresselia

but he's still a swell guy. ggs, man.

p.s. since I ended up battling Huy ghosting for mattj I think the record should display 2-2

BlueCookies

I would like to first start out this press conference by congratulating my team, the Cleveland Escavaliers on their well deserved win this week. You guys played with heart and determination. Even when we lost one of our star players you guys kept fighting. Excellent work and keep the momentum going for our tough matchup against the affrobulls next week.

Due to the unfortunate loss of Assistant Captain Ominous Oppressor, I am glad to announce a new Assistant Captain. Congratulations Human! You have displayed exactly what it means to be an Escavalier, and I expect you and Team Captain DeagleBeagle to continue to excel, and lead this team into the postseason.

Now for the final piece of business today. As Manager of the Cleveland Escavaliers, I am proud to announce the signing of a Free Agent, to be a new addition to this team and take over where Ominous Oppressor left off. He is a hard working and determined individual, and has had big accomplishments in the past. Please give a big round of applause for the new addition to the Cleveland Escavaliers, twash!

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Won game 1, lost game 2, got pokemoned game 3. ggs

Thanks for being cool with my d/c earlier :)

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[9:42pm] Solace: kinneas
[9:42pm] Solace: npa news
[9:42pm] Solace: made my day
[9:42pm] Solace: rofl
[9:43pm] tad38: yes hahaha
[9:43pm] tad38: so good
[9:44pm] unreality (Mibbit@sazandork.number.two) left the chat room. (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[9:45pm] Kinneas: :D
[9:46pm] tad38: kinneas #1 user
[9:46pm] Sixonesix: reading npa news made my day manageable when previously it was beyond shitty
[9:46pm] Sixonesix: good show

the reviews speak for themselves...!

BlueCookies

[21:01]BlueCookies holy fucking shit
[21:02]BlueCookies kinneas
[21:02]BlueCookies you are amazing
[21:02]BlueCookies can I trade my whole team for the NPA news

at least brendan won battle roads today.................
why doesn't your team pick him up then huh???

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i would just like to say that i had the song "i whip my hair back and forth" on repeat whiles i read the news.

also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)