Originally Posted by Fat Pokémon Trainer R
I think Groudon, Palkia and Ho-Oh makes an excellent core. Ho-Oh can take any special attacks it is not weak to, such as Ice Beams and Grass Knots aimed at Groudon and Dragon Pulses and Draco Meteors aimed at Groudon or Palkia; Groudon can take any Electric and Rock-type attacks aimed at Ho-Oh, can also to an extent tank Outrages aimed at Palkia or Ho-Oh and of course set up the Sun for Ho-Oh; and Palkia has a quadruple resistance to Water, which is the common weakness of Groudon and Ho-Oh.
Evaporation (Groudon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave
Contraction (Palkia) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
Regeneration (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Flame Charge
- Sacred Fire
I have been using this combo in my team, and it simply wrecks. However, I have a few changes;
- On Groudon, you want 252 HP/252 Def/4 Speed, Impish in order to take on Extremekiller.
- Stealth Rock > Thunder Wave on Groudon
- Palkia should really be Scarf in order to revenge stuff easily, and in order to take on Scarf Kyogre better which is the #1 threat to this combination
- On Ho-oh, is Regenerator even released?
- Ho-oh should really be Substitute + Roost, best Ho-oh out there. 248 HP/252 Attack/8 Speed should suffice.