Returning to Our Roots NOC Mafia - GAME OVER: The Mafia Wins

Empoof on what behaviors he thinks are pro-town.
Promoting discussion is something I would consider pro-town. This would include prodding inactives, discussing scumtells/lynch targets, asking and answering questions, expressing opinion, and bringing up ideas that the rest of town may not have thought of or forgotten about. I could try to think up of more if you'd like me to, that was the first thing that came to mind.

1. The epiphany here was that empoof reserved a spot in this game. This, to me, hints that he is mayyyybbeee a power role, since he most likely requested a role and since he was the only confirm, he probably got it.
While this makes a lot of sense, and I don't know where i could find proof to prove otherwise, I didn't request a role. But the reason I reserved a spot was that I was on the fence about joining this game and talked to Walrein about it since sign ups were moving fast. So I reserved a spot and ended up playing.

Also, could you explain a little more as why this lead to one of your hypotheses of me having a power role with a partner? Or that based on NJigs buddying move on me early game

This is mostly gut, to be honest. But that's just me. My suggestion is at this point to lynch nightmare jigglypuff, and i'm not going to vote because i'd like to hear other opinions.
Could you (or anyone for that matter) elaborate more on why lynching NJiggly would be preferable, seeing as earlier you were ready to lynch TL? I agree that NJiggly has/is behaving scummily and right now is my second choice for the lynch, but this TL lynch seems preferable for town.

EDIT: just read auramasters post. Unvote TL

Oh yeah, the edit. Well, if you'd like answers:

For inactivity: If someone is subbed out, that means that they don't care enough to play the game. So it's sort of a claim to say that you're a vannila villager if such things exist.

For hints of definite scumtells: Trying eagerly to lynch someone, and when suspicion is gathered upon them, they try to convince the village saying that it's X because they're voting for me, or it's Y because they seem scummy.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I haven't updated because I'm at school (checking smogon from my phone at lunch right now). CNCND that we hit majority, but I'm gonna wait for the next majority before updating since empoof changed his vote.

I'm really not liking the bandwagon on TalkingLion.
I'm shocked that Orcinus Duo started the bandwagon in the first place.
I'm furious that so many people hopped on it so quickly.
Even if TalkingLion seems the most scummy to all of you at this current time, we need to use as much time as possible scum hunting.
Orcinus Duo what is the rush?

One of the reasons why I really don't think that TL is scum is because of this post by him:
Not sure on who to lynch yet. Also, whats the IRC channel for this?
EDIT: Well the rules mentioned IRC so I was wondering if there was one or not.
WOULDN'T A MAFIA MEMBER ALREADY HAVE A LINK TO AN IRC CHANNEL IN THEIR MAFIA PM?
Of course this can be looked at in two ways:
-TalkingLion is village and was confused at why the rules mentioned IRC.
-TalkingLion is mafia which is the reason why he wants to know about IRC in the first place.

I believe the first option is most likely because of the way Walrein responded to his question:
TL, it's an NOC game. There is no irc channel.
If TL was mafia I feel Walrein would have sent a PM to him or something so he wouldn't blow his cover. (That's just a theory)

Orcinus Duo I am most surprised at you for encouraging the bandwagon on TL when we still have plenty of time to continue to ask people questions. I believe you asked for a bandwagon a few times before:
Gogogo bandwagon.
^Not sure if that was a joke.

Yes, I've noticed that you have recently retracted your vote. But maybe that's so you can say "I didn't vote for TL! I retracted it!" if he flips village?

It frightens me how everyone is letting Nightmare Jigglypuff go when he has barely even defended himself after some very awkward posts. Nightmare Jigglypuff is more scum to me than TL.

Just been rereading the thread and I've got a few thoughts:

Flamestrike hasn't actually been that active, and although people seem to be trusting him, only his second post has anything new if you read into it, at least on day 1. He posted early on day 2 pressuring maxim(not that I can talk much on that front) and hasn't done a thing since, making him no more active than the people currently being pressured by people. Not saying he's definitely scum, but I'd like to hear him talk a bit more.

Aura Guardian was the subject of a lot of suspicion early on, with orc's post 145 summarising his early behaviour pretty well, and people seem to have largely forgotten about him in the furore over TL.

Paperblade hasn't actually posted anything of note that I noticed, although I may have missed stuff accidentally, and most of the posts he has made are repetition of other people (again, I can't talk but I'm trying to contribute more)

Other people I've already posted my opinions on and they haven't changed, so I'm not going to bother reposting.

So yeah, I still agree that TL is the most likely scum at the moment, but for now lynch flamestrike since he isn't actually posting that much if yu go back and read.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Since there is a chance of scum pushing a potential mislynch on TL while I'm asleep, might as well get my reasoning over with
1. The epiphany here was that empoof reserved a spot in this game. This, to me, hints that he is mayyyybbeee a power role, since he most likely requested a role and since he was the only confirm, he probably got it.
2. Njiggs buddied with empoof pretty summily
Therefore, this string of incredibly weak logic leads to
3. Empoof is a power role with a partner,
4. empoof and njiggs is scum.

This is mostly gut, to be honest. But that's just me. My suggestion is at this point to lynch nightmare jigglypuff, and i'm not going to vote because i'd like to hear other opinions.
@spiffy, at this point in time I'm honestly seeing njiggs more than TL. I encouraged bandwagon because quality of discussion was terrible and I wanted to see TL react under pressure. I had no idea we hit majority, wasn't counting votes.

Empoof I think you're a power role w/ a partner because of njiggs buddying. If we assume your power role, njiggs scum makes a lot more sense. Njiggs makes awkward posts, but TL made some pretty awkward lynch votes, but with the heightened possibility of empoof=scum, njiggs lynch makes sense. Besides, if we lynch njiggs and get a scumflip, we also get empoof=mafia.

Like I said, I unvoted TL because of that insight I got into the njiggs/empoof situation. Also, spiffys defense of TL makes sense.

FoS: AG

Empoof I think you're a power role w/ a partner because of njiggs buddying. If we assume your power role, njiggs scum makes a lot more sense. Njiggs makes awkward posts, but TL made some pretty awkward lynch votes, but with the heightened possibility of empoof=scum, njiggs lynch makes sense. Besides, if we lynch njiggs and get a scumflip, we also get empoof=mafia.
Perhaps I misunderstood the full meaning of "buddying", but after reading Walreins summary of it i understand a little more why I would be in question. I was thinking more along the lines that NJiggly was using "a tactic used to subconsciously become perceived as less of a threat by another player.", the other player being me. My grounds for Njiggly's suspicion was based more on a lack of depth to his arguments and as Spiffy said making some very awkward posts.

To my knowledge I have never defended Njiggly as being town, and don't really see how his flip to mafia would automatically lead to me being mafia. In fact this worries me a bit seeing as Njiggly is one of my top mafia suspects. Could you perhaps spell it out for me a little more? I'm looking to help out town so I'm willing to answer any questions you might have

I'm seeing TL's claim for vanilla as much more legit with Spiffy's evidence, but if he really is village he needs to start being helpful and pushing for the town's win more. If he's looking for somewhere to start I've already given him suggestions in my sad mushroom post.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Njiggs might be bad enough to obv buddy like that, but I doubt you are. Njiggs accidentally scumbuddied with you, and you tried to distance. That's how I see it...

Again, this is all based on empoof being reserved for this game and thus having a power role. That in itself is I feel a valid conclusion to draw. The rest follows naturally.

Ampharos

Posting to say that I let Empoof reserve because he's a bamf. Also, roles were randomized. Please don't used "HE RESERVED A SPOT HE MUST BE SCUM" as evidence kthxbai

That doesn't mean he's not scum, it just means the probability of him being scum is the same as for anyone else.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
You can request roles, no? And empoof reserved a space, so he probably requested a role beside that. :S again, it's not reserve=scum. Reserve=request role, factor buddying from a scummy looking person and you get a scum.

Lynch nightmare jigglypuff
Let's see what njiggs flips.

Ampharos

Host is not trying to cover a mistake. I was the one who wanted empoof to sign up in the first place. I dunno how it works on mafiascum, but here on smogon reserved players and requests for roles have no correlation. I'm not saying he did t request a role. I'm not saying he did. Im saying that the fact that I reserved a spot for him really shouldn't have any bearing on th game whatsoever. Now stop trying to use it as a basis for a lynch.

I'm a bamf.
Anyways, thanks for helping me understand your position. I've been pointing out scumtraits and spoken about how I feel about NJiggly already iirc. I'm okay with him being the lynch target but I'll wait to vote so we don't end up with majority like with the TL lynch. I'd also like to note that I was on the wagon early for the KoK lynch, which i understand could also be seen as a bussing move. I've already said before that I didn't request a role, and Walrein has said he randomized roles.

How have your thoughts on Aura Guardians alignment changed or been refined? Basically have you been more or less convinced of his scum alignment since his recent posts?

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Lynch Walrein

-.-

How I play my game, as long as it's within rules, shouldn't be critiqued by host in the middle of the game.

My opinion on the matter is still unchanged. I still say we lynch njiggs and then depending on scumflip, go after empoof.

Ampharos

Suddenly, lighting strikes OrcinusDuo!
Dear Orcinus Duo,

You are the village idiot.

You are allied with yourself. You win if you listen to the host for once
Walrein then decides to revive Orcinus and give him one last shot.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
AG is more scum than he was before, with his recent drop in activity, only posting when someone mentions his name. However there are people with stronger cases against them, especially njiggs and TL.

Also, lol. Thanks Walrein for the host confirm town.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
One of the reasons why I really don't think that TL is scum is because of this post by him:

WOULDN'T A MAFIA MEMBER ALREADY HAVE A LINK TO AN IRC CHANNEL IN THEIR MAFIA PM? (bolded)
Of course this can be looked at in two ways:
-TalkingLion is village and was confused at why the rules mentioned IRC.
-TalkingLion is mafia which is the reason why he wants to know about IRC in the first place.
Not really? I was under the impression that hosts didn't create IRC channels for players.
Spiffy said:
It frightens me how everyone is letting Nightmare Jigglypuff go when he has barely even defended himself after some very awkward posts. Nightmare Jigglypuff is more scum to me than TL.
Actually, this is a pretty good point. His posts don't make much sense logically. See here, second paragraph and here.

I don't remember which game, but I seem to remember a game where the host gave the mafia an IRC channel to communicate in. I just assumed that was the case here as well.

Was going to post last night, then started reading Clash of Kings instead, and yeah. Stayed up till 4:30 AM to finish ^_^

Anyway, I haven't been as active as I'd like lately due mainly to school; you'll notice I was most active over the weekend, and that was a fairly busy weekend for me too. I probably won't have a chance to post tomorrow but I'll definitely be more active over the weekend (also if you really want me to post feel free to call me out!)

I'm still not completely satisfied with Maxim's defense, but for now there are bigger fish to fry. I think TalkingLion is still the most suspicious of everyone; while Spiffy's point does make sense, he could have just wanted to know if there was a channel for the entire game and didn't have a mafia teammate to ask. That vote for NJig just before deadline is pretty damning. And yet, NJig is pretty suspicious himself. I don't like his read on Empoof; he says Empoof has been trying to fly under the radar and yet Empoof's been one of the more active players. It's almost impossible they're both mafia; if TalkingLion is mafia he wouldn't have tried to desperately redirect the lynch from a mafia to a different mafia. That would just be silly. But I'm almost positive one of them is. As to which one... right now I'm still leaning towards TalkingLion, but I agree with whoever it was that said there's no reason to hit majority just now. We need as much discussion time as we can get, especially with our inspect dead.

Spiffy said:
I'm shocked that Orcinus Duo started the bandwagon in the first place.
I wouldn't be, he tried to start a bandwagon on New World Order during Day 1, started the lynch on kongs while later encouraging the bandwagon (Granted encouraging the bandwagon could have been a joke, but it seemed serious IMO), and lastly TalkingLion.

@OD, please stop saying Empoof has a power role. Even the HOST CONFIRMED having a reservation doesn't mean they are more likely to have a power role, Empoof has the same odds of having a power role as everyone else.

@Empoof, my opinion about NJiggly is the same as it was 3 pages ago, and am I the only one who thinks those panda's look like Furret

Also someone's been slipping under the radar, probably because he hasn't posted anything significant in 4 irl days, Are you still here Metal Bagon? Please post your opinion about NJiggly, Empoof, TalkingLion, and anyone else you think could be Mafia.

Finally can someone please give me an example (Other than NJiggly/Empoof) of buddying? I don't quite understand, it seems like a Mafia member would want to buddy with a villager, but Walrein and OD assume buddying is between two Mafia members, so clearly I'm confused :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)