Sceptile needs an LO Swords Dance set. I realize it has an Unburden SD set, and the two play differently enough and run different items, moves, and EV spreads. It also does a lot more damage than Unburden SD can. In my opinion, these things put together warrant a set.
I propose the Unburden SD set be renamed "Unburden Sweeper" and the LO SD set get the moniker of "Swords Dance", which the Unburden SD set currently has.
name: Swords Dance
move1: Swords Dance
move2: Leaf Blade
move3: Rock Slide
move4: Brick Break / Earthquake
item: Life Orb
Nature: Jolly / Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Perks/points for LO SD over Unburden SD:
- More power.
- Rock Slide actually hits Moltres and Fire-types instead of making you rely on Flight Gem or SD Acrobatics.
- Doesn't actually need a Swords Dance to hurt things.
- More of an all-purpose sweeper whereas the Unburden SD set is restricted to being a late-game cleaner.
- Doesn't need the opposing team on its last legs to finish it off.
- Can actually switch without neutering itself if it needs to (if the Unburden set switches, it looses its speed boost).
- Base 120 Speed is still great for RU. Hell, even with Adamant it's faster than the majority of the unboosted metagame.
- Doesn't need to use Acrobatics to become fast (the other one is easily outsped by stuff that's faster than Base 100).
- One turn of setup as opposed to two (counting Unburden activation from Acrobatics) (less opportunity for revenge kills/opposing setup).
- Much harder to wall.
- Overgrow boost can kick in due to Damage/Recoil and make Sceptile even stronger.
Cons/points against LO SD compared to Unburden SD:
- Slower than Unburden SD after Acrobatics gets off.
- Not as useful against opposing Fighting-types or Grass-types.
- Easier to revenge kill than Unburden SD after Acrobatics.
- LO Recoil does hurt after a while.
[I]PS! Alts: WolfLink, LastAceRazgriz, Fenrisúlfr
RU Record: #3, Wolf Link; 1951 ACRE on September 22nd, 2012
UU Record: #6, WolfLink; 1947 ACRE on September 18th, 2012
Ubers Record: #12, WolfLink; 1984 ACRE on September 19th, 2012
NU Record: #9, WolfLink; 1918 ACRE on November 3rd, 2012