Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I understand that it doesn't have anything to do with STAB, but all of the electric moves Pikachu learns seem to not make contact. The list on Bulbapedia pretty much says that all special moves, except for 4, are non-contact. I just want to clear this up, because if so that means I have a Pikachu that can only learn Normal and Fighting attacking moves.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That's fine. Just wanted clarification. I'll be using Thundershock until I get one of the aforementioned moves.

And I need one more pokemon so I can start. :D

@BiGGiE: For some reason, Grass Knot is considered a contact move, so at least you get one special move.
No he doesn't. Its a gen 1 Scramble. Grass Knot did not exist until gen 4.

Honestly, this restriction should be removed. As stated before, he doesn't get a STAB (last time I checked, Pikachu doesn't get Fusion Bolt), and he'll be stuck with Quick Attack for the entire game.

EDIT: You don't even get a Fighting type move. Its a Pikachu with only Normal-type attacks. Really?

Honestly, this restriction should be removed. As stated before, he doesn't get a STAB (last time I checked, Pikachu doesn't get Fusion Bolt), and he'll be stuck with Quick Attack for the entire game.

EDIT: You don't even get a Fighting type move. Its a Pikachu with only Normal-type attacks. Really?
You get Slam, Mega Punch/Kick, Body Slam, Take Down, Double Edge, SUBMISSION, and Skull Bash as attacking moves, so tell me that isn't good. And you get the first 2-3 by Lt.Surge, and those are 80-120 power. If you miss, you have to die anyways.

EDIT: All you're missing is Thunderbolt, which isn't that big aside from STAB.

Just a quick update, I haven't played XD at all since the last update because I've been out of town.

For Platinum, I spent the entire 5 hour ride there trying to get a female Piplup (which I finally succeeded at). It seems that an 12.5% chance is a 0.01% chance on my DS. I also made my plans for the run, the most significant of which being my decision to ask Treadshot A1 for a different mon. A pokemon that I can't even use against trainers? I accepted it back then because I was desparate to have all 6 slots filled, but now I realize that I will never, ever use it. Especially near the end with the Elite Four, because I'd have to take a pokemon out of my party to allow it to use its slave pokemon.

The idea was that you took out the Pokemon I gave you and replaced it with said slave Pokemon...

Regardless, Shinyskarm you get Global, which can be whatever Pokemon you want it to be. Depending on its type, there's a different restriction:

Fire/Water/Grass: at the first city you reach, drop one Pokemon in the PC. Then when you get to the next city, take that Pokemon out, and drop in a different one. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Steel/Dark: You may never use fly, and you can only use 2 healing items per trainer battle. Only one of your Pokemon may use damaging moves against the Champion.

Ghost/Fighting: all your Pokemon must use held items which do not activate/have any effect in battle (so hold potions and TMs and stuff). You must also use a NVE move whenever possible with all your Pokemon.

Bug/Psychic/Ground: no using the bicycle ever, no moves on any of your Pokemon which affect the entire field (e.g. rain Dance, Trick Room, Gravity, etc.). Also two of your Pokemon must never evolve to their final forms.

The other types: you must use only 1 Pokemon to get you from Mt. Coronet to Snowpoint City, and then get you back to Eterna/Hearthome/so other city, with no healing items, though using the Pokemon Center is allowed (no switching Pokemon, though). This includes battling any and all Galactic grunts/admins/whatever's and also beating the Gym.

Regardless, these other restrictions apply. You may never utilise a TM on Global. Global must never fight in the Sunyshore Gym. Each time a Pokemon faints, throw out 1 TM and five items.

Oh, and if Global is dual-typed, then the restrictions for both types apply.

Congratulations on finishing your Black Scramble Waterwarrior :D that was one action packed ending. I'm glad generator proved to be of some use to you!

On that note, I have also finished my own Sapphire Scramble! Chapter 10: The Last Hurrah is up and ready to be read. However everyone reading should note there still is one last sub-section to come. I'm writing up an extra big version of my usual "End of Chapter Summary" and posting it separate from the rest of the Chapters. I should have it up in an hour or so, so it might well be up by the time you read this.

EDIT: Added End of Scramble Summary

HealFodder (M) @ Eviolite
Naive nature, lvl 29
-Struggle Bug
-Energy Ball
-Bug Buzz
-Cut (can not use in battle)
BWAHAHAHAHAHA. No. Its name is all I need to say why its horrible [/HIDE]
You laugh now, but soon, Healfodder will show his TRUE POWER!

Seriously, check out the trailer I made for the challenge for the next challenger to get him:

...Healfodder gazed into the apparitions eyes.
"So you're saying... I'm the son of a thief?"
"Yes young one." The shadow of his evolution answered.
"But why am I so weak? Why do trainers who set their eyes upon me throw me in front of bullets for them?"
"There is no time, you must return."
"But-"
"No, you must. And before you leave, I have one last warning for you." The shadow drifted away as he spoke.
"If you were to return to your ancestors thieving ways -kzzt- power greater than Arceus"
"What was that? I couldn't hear the middle p-" But the shadow had disappeared.
"Power greater than Arceus, eh...?"
Healfodder furrowed his brow, deep in thought. He could, no, he WOULD show the world his true strength, and all it took was to separate a few simpletons from their goods. He smiled to himself. Perhaps his trainer will be useful after all.

@Treadshot: Accepted. No doubt I'll try to find loopholes (that's just what I do), but it's better than the last one XD.

@Professor Science: It's not your fault it took me forever to get the Piplup. Blame the RNG and my F***ING DS!!!!!!!!!!

Now reading through the new Sinnoh Dex to find a pokemon to minimize the pain of Treadshot's challange....

I tried to make it as loophole-free as I could, but good luck on your search. Either way, I'd stay away from dual types to minimise restrictions. Also watch out for the restrictions that affect the entire party or your play through (hence the name Global, it affects EVERYTHING).

:( Wotter LVP. Ah well Jimera, great job. Also, I plan on FINALLY finishing Chapter 6 very soon! Sorry guys, I just haven't got the time that I used to anymore.

I'll give you one. Just give me a sec.

EDIT: BIGGiE, take your pick of a Zubat, Jigglypuff, or Vulpix. Any one you pick, name them Ease. They are super laid back pokemon, so they only have 3 restrictions.
1) Ease can evolve after soloing 1 gym leader.
2) Ease must always be in your party with one of your other pokemon.
3) Ease must never be in a battle with your Pikachu, which it hates.

Good luck, and if you want an extra challange/ remove either restriction 1 or 3, use one or all of these too:
1) No SE moves.
2) No moves over 50 BP
3) Solo 1 extra gym and 1 E4 member
4) Do not evolve
5) No STAB.

Your pick, but no matter what, good luck!

(this is meant to counteract your toughest challange)

Sorry Waterwarrior Axmaster (I is teh fail) and King Serperior, but you gave me pretty tough Pokemon XD

Anyway, more importantly I have an announcement to make. I'm going to start a Scramble on this ancient Blue Version I have laying around... and just for kicks, I'm playing it on my even older Gameboy Pocket (Which has buttons that actually aren't worn out, as opposed to my GBA). And yes, I will be writing up updates the same as before for it. It's time for some nostalgia baby!

So here are the rules:
1. I can't trade
2. Hard difficulty, but not utterly sadistic. No level 50 Metapods please :P
3. No "Solo # of x Pokemon" where the Pokemon can be wild. Trained only, and only in small amounts (I can't rematch trainers in Gen I remember!). Similar challanges that consist of pointless grinding (like using a move a number of times) will similarly be rejected.
4. Nothing that requires the move Rage, because that move is bugged to shit in Gen 1
5. No reservations lasting more than a hour. If you make a reservation and do not fill it within an hour, your reservation will be null and void.
6. All Pokemon must be able to evolve fully, except for those with trade evolutions, which must be allowed to evolve to their second stage.
7. No level restrictions

Alright people, go wild! I'd like to start ASAP so get to it!

1. Sweet, I now own Axmaster
2. Jimera, take Screentime the Pidgey. As the name implies, its still pissed that Ash's Pidgeotto didn't get enough screen time. It must evolve into Pidgeotto during your first trip through Viridian Forest, i.e., once you go on, you can't come out until Ash evolves. As a Pidgeotto, the fun begins.
-Solo every Trainer-owned Pikachu/Raichu, Caterpie line, Mankey line, and the Krabby you see (including Lt. Surge's), as they all stole its fucking screen time.
-Solo your rival's starter whenever possible
-It must have one status move at all times
-It can only evolve after learning Mirror Move at lvl 49
-It must have one TM move whever possible
-Solo Misty, because the bastard Pikachu stole that rightful honor from him.

EDIT @ below: I didn't give you Wotter, Axmaster did, yet you said I was the one that gave you the challange

Reserving for Jimera: Give me a moment

It will be a Gyara.

Buy Random the magikarp and evolve it ASAP. Once it evilves, roll a 6-sided Dice. What you get is what Level up move Random gets. 1 is the first Level up move and so on.

Flip a coin: If heads - Strength. If tails - Surf

Go to a RNG and imput 21: Whatever number comes out, Look down the TM list from the top that Random can learn and follow that until you reach the move that matches the result. (EX. If you get 12, teach it Tbolt)

The last move is your choice.

Solo Geovannie, your rival's first and second non-starter poke everytime (after you evolve), and Bruno. Have fun :D

@WaterWarrior

OH SHIT yeah you're right XD I totally got it mixed up. You were the one with Wotter's counterpart (Samukip) so I thought it was you that gave me him, but that's right... was Axemaster. Doesn't help you both seem to be obsessed with Mudkip :P. I'll go back and change that now...

Anyway, Screentime the Pidgey is accepted. Sound rough as hell, but I did ask for a challenge and it should still be doable. Quick question; once it learns Mirror Move, does it have to keep it or can I ditch it for something more useful? I'd really perfer if I could delete it, as I like having my move pools as open as possible to allow me to get creative.

Reserving for Jimera0.

Jimera0, take TheRainbow the Meowth!

This Meowth can only evolve once all his moves are of different types. Then, his moveset after evolving has to have different types all around, except for Slash, which takes up the space of your likely Normal-type move. He must solo Lorelei, because she is interfering with TheRainbow's spying. He must also solo half of Blue's team.

Have fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)