Approved by Bloo | Round 2 | Round 1 | Signups | Tournament Rules
The Most UBER Tournament Ever
Hosted by bojangles, Hugendugen, and Zephyr
Art by Shinxe from Issue #16 of The Smog
Ubers is a tier where all the Pokemon are jacked up on steroids. With offensive titans like Palkia, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, you really just always have to be on your toes. There are no counters. There are almost no safe switch-ins. Every Pokemon will take a truckload switching into something like Choice Specs Kyogre, so you need to constantly be assessing your situation and triaging which Pokemon you need the least. The tier is extremely fast-paced and team-reliant. Unfortunately, it’s not enjoying the popularity it has in the past generation. Fearing the decline of our favorite tier, Hugendugen and I, with the help of Zephyr, have thrown together the ultimate
Ubers tournament to try and bring it back to its former glory. Let’s face it: the Ubers ladder on our PO server isn’t the height of skill. This tournament, however, will put you to the test in not only the quality of players, but also teambuilding. We have created a gauntlet of teambuilding restrictions for you to navigate through in order to conquer the metagame in every way possible. Plus it’s a team tournament, and everybody loves those, right?
This team is going to be heavy on teambuilding and Ubers metagame knowledge. IRC is not required by any means, but I encourage you all to come on down to #pokemon on synIRC to help with your Ubers knowledge and discuss the implications of each Pokemon on the metagame! Click here
for tutorials on how to log on or use this handy link
to jump right on via Mibbit!
General Tournament Rules
- General tournament rules and regulations can be found here
- Fifth Generation
- Standard UBERS
- Single Elimination
- Species Clause
- OHKO Clause
- Evasion Clause
- Sleep Clause
- Self-KO Clause
- Timed Battle
- Matches must be conducted on Pokemon Online
- Keeping logs is not required but if there is a discrepancy, you may want to have it!
- This will be a team tournament akin to Team Trials. They will be teams of 5
- Sign up as a team
- Everybody on the team must confirm
- Come up with an awesome name
- For those who do not have a team, I will be keeping a list of “free agents” so go ahead and express interest! I will not be making teams though, so it is your responsibility to seek out other free agents.
- IMPORTANT: When you sign up as a team, each member will be randomly assigned to be in a Division (A-E are possibilities). When teams play each other, people will play the corresponding player in their division. The restrictions will be given by division as well. YOU MAY NOT CHANGE DIVISIONS.
- We will be taking 16 teams. Because you are signing up in teams, there will be no randomization, so we will take the first 16 teams that are assembled.
- Every round, each division will be given a teambuilding restriction. You obviously must follow this.
- Round 1 – Players will be given a specific Pokemon they are required to use. You do not have to build around this Pokemon, but you must use it.
- Round 2 – Players will be given a combination of Pokemon (2) they are required to use.
- Round 3 – Players will be given a core of Pokemon (3) they are required to use.
- Round 4 – Players will be given a Pokemon they are not allowed to use.
- Yes, this means you are building a new team every round. I still expect people to adhere to strict deadlines.
- It’s going to be lots of fun
Cores! Each Division must
use these three Pokemon on their teams. They do not have to be the focus (they may end up being) but they must be on.
Team Waterspout vs Team TBD
A: 1996ITO vs JabbaTheGriffin
B: Syrim vs tito
C: Donkey vs mostwanted
D: Karppi vs ToF
E: Manapheee vs Taylor
Team What a Sexy Indian I Smell.
vs Team NOWHERE
vs Steven Snype
D: drcossack vs Eo Ut Mortus
E: zarator vs Zephyr
Last round was much better, so thanks guys. This deadline will be in 5 days, so January 26th at 7 PM GMT
. Get to it.