Apr 23rd, 2012, 4:07:11 PM
Join Date: May 2011
good skeleton 9.9 just have a few suggestions:
- Mention that Eel is a great Specs user
- Mention that Eel fits well on volt-turn/choice spam teams (choice spam teams really are the volt-turn teams of NU, lol)
- Competition? Eel is much different than most other Electric-types... the only one that really "competes" with it is Ampharos. They all have different niches; Eel does not compete for much for those niches.
- Mention that it works a lot better with hazards, and is much more frightening to face when it has hazard support
- Say that it's very threatening on paper, but not so much in practice; still a big threat, though.
- Make Specs the first item. Leftovers Eel is weak as shit and a lot of the times you'll just be spamming Volt Switch. It doesn't even get that many chances to use Acid Spray. Also, most people just try to kill Eel ASAP, so it'll only get a few turns of leftovers recovery if that.
[Special Attacker AC]
- Put Charge Beam here; it is not inferior to Acid Spray. Eel doesn't have to worry about the Pokemon you hit with Acid Spray switching out because Eel retains its Special Attack boost and you don't have to spam a terribly weak Poison move. Of course, you don't get as much of a boost right away, but it's why Charge Beam should be AC.
- Remove Charge Beam... unless you want to talk about some kind of Eel that is centered around the move.
- Mention some of its physical movepool: Wild Charge, Crunch, Brick Break, etc.; maybe mention Choice Band?
[Checks and Counters]
- Camerupt is a pretty bad counter... it can't do much back to Eel and Grass Knot has 120 BP on it. It's not even that bulky. Remove it.
- Add on to the "just attack it part" (or w/e you want to place it) saying that while Eel is very threatening on paper, it's usually not as scary in practice (explain why; mainly because of it being too slow).
ok, looks good otherwise; a few of these changes aren't that important but I think they should still be added anyways.
QC Approve 2/3