Battle Subway Super Singles Train

Whimsicott @ leftovers
Prankster
Bold 252HP/252Def
Substitute
Leech Seed
Encore
Energy Ball
Whimsicott is my lead. Throw down a substitute on the first turn. If they use a non-damaging move, it's game over for them. Encore and whittle them down with leech seed and energy ball for a kill. If the pokemon attacks and threatens to kill Whimsicott, I simply switch into either Dragonite or Weavile, depending on the threat.

Dragonite @ life orb
Multi Scale
Adamant 252Attack/252Speed
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Thunder Punch
Fire Punch
Dragonite is one of my favorite pokemon, so he had to make an appearance on this team. With Multi-Scale, Dragonite is bulky enough to take pretty much any attacks, other than strong ice type attacks or from pokemon with Mold Breaker. This set is very simple, D-Dance as many times as possible and proceed to sweep the team. D-Claw is my main STAB attack, and ThunderPunch and FirePunch are my coverage moves.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Pressure
Jolly 252Attack/252Speed
Swords Dance
Night Slash
Ice Shard
Low Sweep
Weavile is my 2nd option for sweeping. With it's nice speed stat, swords dance was the obvious boosting choice. If Whimsicott locks a pokemon onto, lets say, Swords dance, I can freely switch in weavile, get a free swords dance and sweep with my focus sash still intact.

Feel free to critique me as harshly as you want, some good feedback would be much appreciated =) From now on, all changes will be in bold.

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
Hey there, Awesomeness90210, welcome to Smogon! Considering you're a little inexperienced, you have to lurk more and check out the other RMTs. That way, you can have a good, quality RMT!

EV Spreads

You're missing 4 EV's you can give to all three of your Pokemon. Remember, 4 EV's = 1 point for stat. It might not be much, but you'd be surprised how many times people have lost in a close match due to lack of 4 EV's in a certain stat.

Don't forget to abbreviate so your post will be more organized. Here are the abbreviations for each stat:

Hit Points = HP
Defense = Def
Attack = Atk
Special Attack = SpA
Special Defense = SpD
Speed = Spe

For more information about EV's, visit the BW EV Guide.

Descriptions and Posting Pokemon

Your descriptions are lacking, just like Delko mentioned. If you don't expand them, a moderator will lock this thread. Also, there's a good way to post your Pokemon by using this default setup:

Pokemon @ Item
Ability:
EVs:
Nature:
- move1
- move2
- move3
- move4

Or you can use the PO Setup; here's an example with Excadrill:

Excadrill (M) @ Earth Gem
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Protect

Both setups are good, whether it be the default or PO setup. That way, your RMT will look more organized and easy to read. I suggest reading the RMT rules so you know how post a quality RMT. Remember lurk on Smogon more, and check out the other RMT's!

Hope I helped!

Weaknesses

I did not look into too much depth, but your basic idea is good. You have a setup, an all out attacker, and a tough lead to break. I just lost in my battle subway to a choice scrf rampardos that used head smash all over my team (0-2 to recoil). What happens if that rampardos or ANY choice scarf that is rock type(I guess choice Band aerodactyl too) goes to your team and uses stone edge. Rampardos, having the highest base attack out of all Pokemon allowed in the battle subway and possessing mold breaker, stone edge (they always seem to hit when you really dont want them to) goes through your entire team. I don't even know if dragonite could live one even with multiscale. You don't seem to have a solid counter you should check your weaknesses and your counter to potent threats. You also don't have any special attackers. A good physical wall with curse could also completely destroy your team.

Hi Awesomeness90210, I suggest you take a read through the Battle Subway threat in the Orange Islands forum: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102593
(Click on some of the records - they link to the team and how it's used, etc.)

For your current team, your lead is fine and good. The other two pokemon are a bit worrysome though. I'll go into some details.

- Like Jadeblade87 mentioned, you have a big rock weakness there with both Dragonite and Weavile being weak to rock and whimsicott taking neutral damage. Not just rampardos or choice band aerodactyl. Anything rock types really, because of the fact that if you can't switch in, you're bound to lose one pokemon in the process. Or, let's say you can switch in Weavile because of the sash. Then you have used up the sash and weavile is vulnerable, and you'd just have to hope that the next pokemon(s) don't have priority moves to pick off weavile easily.

- The ice weakness should be noted too. Whimsicott and Dragonite both weak to ice. Weavile does resist, but ... it's weavile. It's not meant to take hits. Let's say you switch in Weavile to take a resisted ice attack. Now sash is useless. If opponent has a strong physical STAB attack. Weavile isn't going to be able to take it. Weavile will have to outspeed and OHKO it, which isn't extremely likely to happen too given the moveset.

- Weavile and Whimsicott are both weak to bug and fire. Dragonite might be ok taking it, but hard attacking bug types like Heracross/Pinsir/Armaldo may carry stone edge, so might have to try to play around with that.

Now onto the pokemon and movesets:
Dragonite:
- Multiscale does not work with Life Orb. There is very little reason to have multiscale if you are running life orb. If you are using life orb, I would suggest that you might as well use Salamence. If you are using multiscale it makes sense to either go more bulky (@ leftovers with Roost / Dragon Dance / Dragon Claw / Sub or Earthquake or fire punch) or go with persim/lum outrage (@ Lum with Dragon Dance / Outrage / other coverage moves).
- Like you mentioned, Dragon move (whether it's Dragon Claw or Outrage) should be your main attack move, while other moves are for coverage. Dragon is resisted by steel types only, so your coverage moves should be super effective against steels. Fire and Fighting/Ground will cover all steel types for super effective. Usually we go for Fire Punch and Earthquake. Earthquake is good because it is not a contact move. So it can be used against Flame Body and Static pokemon (conveniently most of those are also weak to ground) without fear of being burnt or paralyzed. So you might want to give the @Lum and @Leftovers sets a try. If you want the extra power from life orb though, then yeah, I definitely recommend just using Salamence.

Weavile:
- Between Dragonite and Weavile, if I were to replace one of those with another one for better synergy, I would get rid of Weavile, because Dragonite works much better in subway. Weavile would work better as a lead, but between Weavile and Whimsicott, I would choose Whimsicott as a lead like you did since it's much more versatile. Weavile lead would be more for killing something quickly to get early advantage.
- If you do decide to keep Weavile though, the set seems ok I suppose, except I doubt low sweep's usefulness over other fighting moves. I'd try to get low kick if possible (hits Snorlax/Tyranitar/Mamoswine/others hard), but brick break is fine otherwise. Low Sweep's main selling point is really just to lower opponent's speed, but with your current team, that doesn't help that much. Whimsicott has prankster (and is speedy anyway). Dragonite has Dragon Dance. Weavile is fast already (and has ice shard for priority I guess). It'd be better to use a harder hitting fighting move for coverage.

Suggestion for replacing Weavile:
- Water or Steel types work best with Dragonite, since both of those resist ice (and both types tend to have good defensive stats, and steel also resists dragon). With Whimsicott lead, it might be good to have a defensive water type, so that you don't have two fire weaknesses. Suicune and Milotic are probably the two that fulfill that role the best (and they're also the two most commonly used water types in the battle subway thread). A Special attacker would be a good idea. Something with STAB scald/surf means things like Steelix / Hippowdon won't wall you (although, whimsicott can beat curse variants by encore and leech seed).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)