International Wi-Fi Tournament - 2012 Spring Friendly - WON BY JIVETIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know my wifi crapped through but i could have sworn you still got the win?! o.0

Currently 6-1, been disconnected on at least 5 times already which most should have been wins. My router actually tipped over and the antenna was facing downwards, so maybe that explains my unusual amount of disconnections. Haven't disconnected at all since I turned it upwards.

Just facing Miga from Texas, in an epic battle where she (he?) haxed and I pull out the win with a 3 HP Tyranitar. Then go figure, a disconnection occurs. Why D/C after such a good battle? I don't get it. Oh well. I think they might have fixed some stuff, I think that battle still actually went through even though she/he disconnected.

Also, as Cybertron stated, some of his opponents disconnected but it still went through. If they fixed the time that the win goes through, then that means that the person who didn't disconnect shouldn't be penalized as one of the individuals disconnecting.

I know my wifi crapped through but i could have sworn you still got the win?! o.0
Oh that was you? I was really excited about that battle and was about to save it and post it to Smogon later, but unfortunately couldn't. The timing was unfortunate but since you're on Smogon, I think it could have been my shaky WiFi and not you.

Also, yes, I think I still got the win for that. I'm not sure though because the battle count and the rating aren't updating simultaneously so it's very difficult to remember how much battles should have been recorded from how many shouldn't.

i believe my last two were abomasnow and kingdra right?

Oh that was you? I was really excited about that battle and was about to save it and post it to Smogon later, but unfortunately couldn't. The timing was unfortunate but since you're on Smogon, I think it could have been my shaky WiFi and not you.

Also, yes, I think I still got the win for that. I'm not sure though because the battle count and the rating aren't updating simultaneously so it's very difficult to remember how much battles should have been recorded from how many shouldn't.

Ending today with a record of 16-1-1-1. (The tie was because I managed to face Brendan online... we ran.) Final rating for the day is 1656... not bad I guess.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ending today with 11W/4L/3DC. Not bad. Going to get the one good battle so far recorded but I won't upload until after the tourney.

Okay, I'm calling it a night. Currently with a record of 1612 and going 15-2. I should have won both of those losses but unfortunately timed hax costed me, oh well. GG to MigaMan, TheAshAttacks and Babbytron, all good games.

Why am I still on this, I have school in the morning. Good luck to everyone still battling!

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Currently 1695 with a record of 22-1-5 The dc's were 3 1500's, the other two was my internet crapping out before team builder began. Not too shabby

Edit: reached 1700, then lost two games in a row, fuck reverse kamikaze hax.

First 4 games were dc's when I was winning(and 1 where my internet died)@.@

Then I lost to a quad blizzard hitting me in sand with one being a crit. So I'm 0-1. I hate life.

Ok this is getting nuts 6 dcs now

Edit: twice now my connection died. And 8 people have dc'd on me. I only completely 2 matches now :/

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I seem to be following a pattern when I play these Tournaments.

Reached 1700, then as if on cue I end up losing the next match.

Critical'd my own Politoed right before my opponent sent out a Ninetales. Had a chance to win still, but Kingdra got Fully Paralyzed.

If this continues, I'm probably going to spend the next 2-3 hours going nowhere in rating.

Hey everyone, playing as Amadeus with the greeting "Take it easy! Trainer!"

Currently at 6-0, but with one disconnect either due to my opponent or just generally bad university wireless.

Edit: A couple more disconnects. It's really starting to get irritating. How does one tell who's fault it is?

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Edit: A couple more disconnects. It's really starting to get irritating. How does one tell who's fault it is?
Ultimately, the game can't. Which is somewhat why it's a problem in the first place. If it could tell which side disconnected, the appropriate measures could be placed in to stop or deter intentional disconnecting.

New to Smogon, this is my first tournament.

First tournament ever, first four games - they all disconnected on me either after I won and the stats were being sent to the server, or after I KO'd two of their pokemon with one earthquake..

Two of them were the same person. So frustrating getting into the battle with them a second time because I knew they would disconnect.

Oh well, don't mean to complain, I'm just happy my team is doing successfully, although I suppose that if I were facing people who are good, they wouldn't be constantly disconnecting.

-Of course as I was typing this I ran into a 5th disconnect. Kicker is that his saying was "RUN AWAY is so DISAPPOINT". Disappoint indeed.

Well, just 3 matches, but 2 wins and a player disconnected when I won. This tournament is a lot better than the last one, I got sick of seeing so many Japanese there.

Got 7 great matches in this morning, won 'em all, think I played my first Smogoner (Edit: No I didn't, my mistake :p) and even a person from Singapore!

So to clarify, going 7/0/0. C'mon!

TheGr8's Spring Friendly Records

Rating: 1783

Totals: 69-16-1 | 16 DC wins

Also for some reason some of my wins aren't being given to me, I have them recorded though.

Day 1:
Wins: 22 | Losses: 2 | Disconnects: 7
Rating: 1707

Day 2:
Wins: 18 | Losses: 6 | Disconnects: 3 Rating: 1718

Day 3:
  1. Josh B. 1500 United Kingdom Southwest England W 2-0
  2. Marcho 1397 New York, United States of America W 3-0
  3. Clara 1572 Mexico W 1-0
  4. Younes 1496 Mexico W 4-0
  5. Michael 1574 Ontario, Canada W 1-0
  6. Shion 1445 None W 4-0
  7. Casey 1551 Sao Paulo, Brazil Disconnected 1-0
  8. Mizuho 1615 Brazil W 2-0
  9. Sean 1623 Singapore L 0-2 gg
  10. Yorsh* 1629 Costa Rica W 3-0
  11. JiveVGC[Jivetime] 1956 New Jersey, United States of America L 0-3 gg<3
  12. DIOS 1367 Mexico W 4-0
  13. Lilica 1454 Mexico W 4-0
  14. Keiti 1460 Canada W 4-0
  15. ASH[AshAttack]1877 Colorado, United States of America L 0-2 close game.
  16. Span[CakesofSpan] 1844 North Carolina, United States of American W 2-0 great game Span
  17. Jermal 1660 Canada W 2-0
  18. Eric[HockeyGuy605] 1777 Pennsylvania, United States of America L 0-1 another close game
  19. MrZheng DRAW <3
  20. Ale 1480 California, United States of America W 4-0
  21. Greg 1489 California, United States of America W 4-0
  22. Giovani 1500 Mexico W 1-0
  23. CAITLIN 1220 Canada W 3-0
  24. Carlos 1441 Mexico W 2-0
Wins: 18 | Losses: 4 | 2 DCs (missed one on sheet)

Day 4:
Will update later

Notable Matches:

• Mr.Zheng [Cybertron] 0-1 Loss gg bro <3
  • Jivetime 0-3 loss, no freeze you got me again gg <3
  • AshAttack, such a close game 0-2 <3
  • CakesofSpan great game man it was a great one! 2-0
  • Hockeyguy veryvery close game! 0-1

As of tomorrow, I will start recording names and ratings of every player :P

Just had my first disconnect, so I figure that's a good time to stop. Went 11-2 with a rating of 1616. Was about to be 12-2, but as I said, the person disconnected.

haha, oh boy.
5-2 with 2 d/cs right now.
both of my losses i was triple critted and quad parahaxed
fun

going to be playing until like 2 or 3 tonight, then i might wake up early to get in a few matches before school.

EDIT: wow wtf some kid d/c'd at the choose pokemon screen. does that count as a d/c?

EDITEDIT: i just had my first legitimate loss to a zoroark i think its time for me to stop playing at 2 am (6-3-3)

EDITEDITEDIT: alright, I actually ended up playing until 3 lol. just broke 1600 with a 12-3-4 record. that's all for tonight. hopefully the bad luck will be minimal tomorrow.

Ah this tourney is already B/S, started playing this morning I've played 8 matches 5 of those D/C'd :(

1 - Gohan - USA Texas - D/C
2- Bibi - Unknown - Won 3-0
3 - Gaetan - Belgium - Won 4-0
4 - Claudia - Unknown - Won 2-0
5 - Uwe - Netherlands - Won 3-0 (D/C)
6 - Kirika - Australia - Won 3-0 (D/C)
7 - Skandal - UK (East) - D/C
8 - Ryu - United Arab Emirates - D/C

Record: Played 8: Won 3: L 0: D/C: 5

Black list/Players to watch out for:

-Gohan USA Texas
-Uwe - Netherlands
- Kirika - Australia
- Skandal - UK
- Ryu - United Arab Emirates

I'll try to keep this updated but tbh I'm a bit fed up already I've only played for around an hour and so many D/C'ers already, my chances of ranking are kind of hashed already. Hope the rest of you aren't having as much annoyance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)