Made a relatively substantial change to the curvature of the head, thanks to a certain person's critique on #cap:
I also went with a happy (albeit dithered) medium for the lamp's cap's shadow. Not too dark, but dark enough.
If I can say so, I've made the lava blobs inside bloop up and down on the animation. Of course, the animation itself is a bit disjunct from the sprite because of my changes. XD
- Ice-cold Claws: The wall still needs to be adjusted, and, because of perspective, the left foot on the backsprite looks larger than the right one. Then there's the making sure that the lamp looks like it encloses over the back of the snail...
- nibbletman: Retro? D: We want previous-generation sprites? Well, we got one last CAP... but yeah. Why is my sprite both retro and non-retro, according to commenting people? It's small or it's boring. XD
- Deucalion2: I like the roundness you've given the sprite, although it's looking too far left compared to the 3/4ths post most in-game sprites have. I'll also have to say to watch the contours on your lamp and which way they go! They take a bit too much artistic license from the original.
- elementalpenguin: Squishy. :) The shape of the head is nice! I just think that the eyes should be more toward the side of the head than in the front. The lamp seems a bit slumped, and should be more upright. The curves are definitely improved from the previous iterations, though!
- Quark: I'd love those feet if it weren't for the fact they clash with pokemon's sprites completely. :/ Remember that they're supposed to match other pokemon on Pokemon Showdown!, so a left-facing, rolling-on-wall Mollux will look out of place. Even moving the head up like other people (don't be afraid of that) can make it look more natural.