As already mentioned by Furai
, I gave some suggestions for his Arceus-Dark overview which eventually led to his final product in Post #28. He did some great work!
For any future overview, it is to be noted that:
Originally Posted by Fat Furai
Originally Posted by Fat Superimp
For the Arceus Forme format, are we going for Type Arceus Or Arceus-Type? Currently, all my overviews use the Arceus-Type format. The rest of the overviews seem to use the Type Arceus format. This is important for ensuring consistency. Thanks.
Yeah, we will go Type
Arceus. It just sounds better. I will go over all of the overviews before upload and make the changes, no need to update the ones you have done!
Though I personally prefer the Arceus-Type
format as it is the "title" of Him, literally every analysis and article refers to Him as Type
Arceus. So for any overview, just use Type
Arceus. Please comment if you disagree with the Type
Arceus format and prefer Arceus-Type
Anyway, here is the Arceus-Fighting
Great offensive stats, overall defenses that are better than most dedicated walls, and a wide movepool all make Arceus a top-notch threat in Ubers. Furthermore, Fighting Arceus has several advantages over other Arceus formes. First, Fighting Arceus lacks common weaknesses, which makes Him rather hard to take down, especially after a few Calm Mind boosts. Resistances to common attacking types in Dark, Rock, and Bug also allow Fighting Arceus to switch into attacks with relative ease. However, Fighting Arceus isn't without His cons: for example, Fighting-type STAB is not great in Ubers thanks to the popularity of Psychic-types. Nevertheless, Fighting Arceus should not be taken lightly, as He is still a threat every team should prepare for.
With the arrival of the valiant Arceus in His Fist Plate, you have already lost for He only seeks battle after the victory has already been won. In a courageous forme which defies the Uber metagame, few can endure the coverage of His heroic STAB Fighting-type attacks. Even His prevalent creations Diagla and Ferrothorn admit their defeat at His approach. The gallant incarnation of Him only has the uncommon weaknesses of Flying- and Psychic-type attacks. His resistances to Bug-, Dark-, and Rock-type attacks allow Him to stand triumphant over those who use them. Fighting Arceus makes use of a noble Calm Mind set, for the brawn of a Swords Dance set is inferior. You might hide behind Blissey or Chansey, but even they fail to stop His glorious sweep. Though His fighting spirit can win many battles, He can win the ultimate victory with the use of a support set. His alter ego Arceus-Normal finds Himself overcome by the sheer valor of Him. Unfortunately, His STAB Fighting-type attacks leave but a scratch to His Flying-, Ghost-, Poison-, and Psychic-type creations. Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Mewtwo have the conviction to face even Him in battle. If you foolishly try to challenge the ultimate victor, you will soon realize that defeat is all but inevitable.
I took some flavor inspiration from the D/P overview and Sun Tzu's Art of War
Originally Posted by Fat Furai
- A mention on how well this Arceus beats the mono Dark- and Rock-attackers, which can easily tear Stall-teams apart.
- Mention that this is possibly the most anti metagame Arceus variant thanks to taking on Ferrothorn easily. Also give a mention to the fact that Arceus fighting can take on ExtremeKiller with consumate ease with a bit of bulk and wow. barry4ever
- It is implied that he can beat mono attacking Arceus-Dark and Arceus-Rock in the fifth sentence.
- Ferrothorn is now mentioned.
Arceus-Fighting being the most "anti-metagame" forme is not mentioned explicitly though. Please tell me if it should be mentioned.
Comment Addressed by Furai - Implemented
How Arceus-Fighting can take on Extreme Killer with ease is not mentioned. Lum Berry Extreme Killer can be difficult to handle. Arceus-Fighting is not even the best check to Extreme Killer! If you feel this is absolutely necessary to mention, please tell me.
Comment Addressed by Furai - Implemented
- Added significantly more competitive information like so:
- Blissey, Chansey, Diagla, Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Mewtwo are now mentioned. Please tell me if more or less should be added.
- STAB Fighting-type attacks are now elaborated on.
- Calm Mind VS Swords Dance is now mentioned.
- Support set is now mentioned.
- I got rid of all the useless information along with certain clichés.
- Should His supportive role in some weather (EX: sandstorm) be mentioned?
- This overview might be a bit long though...
- Added flavor to the first/last sentences and a bit in between. Identify the Art of War reference? Might have to change the first
flavor sentence a bit because of this... Thoughts?
As always, feel free to comment on this overview. If more (or less) competitive information or flavor is required, don't hesitate to give your opinion.
In reply to user barry4ever
's Arceus-Grass overview:
Good work barry4ever
! Your Arceus-Grass overview has much
more competitive information than the original overview. I especially liked how you mentioned the Pokémon Arceus-Grass can check besides Groudon and Kyogre. Should be very useful to readers!
Below is the final product of my suggestions [FPS]. You can take and choose whatever you like. These suggestions focus on making the overview more concise, improving flavor, and organizing. I hope you find some of these suggestions useful for your Arceus-Grass overview.
Behold the artistic masterpiece that is Arceus as He springs to life in His Meadow Plate. In one of the most supportive formes, Grass Arceus has the gift to check both His creations Groudon and Kyogre. He has marvelous resistances to Electric-, Grass-, Ground-, and Water-type attacks, allowing Him to act as a brilliant defensive pivot in rain. His utility knows no bounds as He can check many of His threatening creations, notably Palkia, Rayquaza, and Zekrom. Regrettably, His talent in defense is not reflected in His offense as His STAB Grass-type attacks have dismal coverage. His natural forme leaves Him particularly vulnerable to the many entry hazards and phazers in Ubers. His weaknesses to Bug-, Fire-, Flying-, Ice-, and Poison-type attacks are of no help to His defense. Cherish the nature around you for it is but a manifestation of the wonderful art from The Creator.
- Again, you have certainly added lots of competitive information. Why not try making the overview a little more concise like the FPS to add even more
- Perhaps a mention of His Thunder Waving capabilities might do the trick?
-I noticed how you kept the flavor relatively similar to the original overview. Have you considered a different theme? Possibly artistic? Naturalist? Why not both like the FPS? After all, the original theme conflicts with Arceus-Dragon for regality. Your choice of course...
- I suggest a little flavor in between. Although you do seem to prefer a little less flavor than others, why not try just a little? Perhaps the provided FPS might be of use? If the flavor is too much for your liking, it can be toned down to something more appropriate. Thoughts?
- Though all your points are solid, have you considered reordering them to make certain parts stand out? For example, placing the best traits first and weaker traits after like the FPS might help.
-While reading your overview, I noticed a particular focus on defense/support. This focus fits perfectly with Arceus-Grass! However, have you considered mentioning how His Grass-type is a poor offensive typing? It might put more emphasis on how Grass Arceus = Support. The FPS put this in as a short sentence. After all, Grass-type coverage isn't exactly the best...
- Likewise, why not mention His type weaknesses? They are not the best weaknesses to have...right?
- I highly
suggest a mention of His Meadow Plate to be in line with the other Arceus overviews. I know it's a little nitpicky, but it's a relatively quick and easy change.
Again, fine work barry4ever
! I await the arrival of your Arceus-Normal overview in the near future. Hope it is a legend worthy of Arceus!
If you have any questions on why I suggest something, please don't hesitate to ask. Thoughts on these suggestions?