The Ghosting Tournament
Approved by Earthworm :O
Or: The Trading Faces Tournament
Original idea by Hipmonlee
Smogon Tournament Rules
Ghosting - (v) The act of gaining knowledge of another person's Pokemon battle, whether through spectating or the viewing of pasted logs, and helping that person make his move selections during the Pokemon battle.
This is a tournament where ghosting is permitted and highly encouraged. Players will be competing as part of a team but each round only one player from each team will be battling. Ghosting and scouting has long been problems in other tournaments but this tournament laughs at these concepts and makes them its bitches.
IMPORTANT!Tournament-specific Rules IMPORTANT!
- Single elimination format
- Matches are to be played on the Smogon University server on Pokemon Online
- 5th Generation OU tournament
- OHKO Clause
- Evasion Clause
- Species Clause
- Sleep Clause
- Wifi Clause
- No Disallow Specs - for easy ghosting and scouting
- No Battle Timeout - this allows you time to discuss strategy during the battle, but if you timestall your opponent on purpose, with no evidence to the contrary, I reserve the right to disqualify your team
- 3 members per team
- Each team shall nominate a captain either through PM or their team sign up post, he will be in charge of organizing team members, providing the opposing captain with available times, and making sure the team gets the battle done in a timely manner
- Because of the ghosting element, who is actually battling for the team each round makes little difference, just make sure the battle gets done
- There's nothing to stop you taking the advice of people not on your team, but remember that they may not always have your best interest at heart, and spies and backstabbers are everywhere...
- All battle logs must be saved and PMed to me, I will post the battle logs in the thread at the end of each round. This should help you formulate a strategy for next round
- If you have any Skype recordings, IRC logs, or PO logs of the ghosting discussions that go on, it would be nice if you PM those to me too, but this is not mandatory. These may be posted publicly to provide insight / entertainment.
- You shall make your team name known to me either through PM or the sign up post, otherwise I will pick one for you and it will not be pretty.
This is it, the semifinals, who will move onto the ultimate ghosting showdown?
The European fury that is Team SCHLUSSELBEINBRUCH?
The trans-Atlantic might of Team McLovin?
The Oceanic force known as the nuggets?
The Brazilian power by the name of PANELAND?
We shall see...
vs the nuggets
Team McLovin vs PANELAND
You have 7 days as of this post to complete your battle.
Remember to PM all battle logs to me. If you didn't save the log for whatever reason, the winners should PM their winning team to me.