BW2 Teambats--SEASON 2

That's right, with BW2 we're starting season 2 of the Little Cup teambats. Most of you should already know what they are, but in case you don't...I'll shamelessly copy and paste parts of the first teambat OP!

In a teambat you are assigned to one team with various other competitors and together you create a team based on specific restrictions given to you in a specified amount of time (20 minutes). Some restrictions may be for both teams (such as no using any of the top 10 Pokemon in x month's usage stats) and some may be for only one team (for example, both teams may be required to build a team around a Pokemon, be it the same Pokemon or two Pokemon of comparative in game or usage stats). After you build your team, you go fight the other team(s)!​

The teambuilding part of the teambats will take place on the irc #littlecup channel and the battling part on the Smogon server. (If Smogon is down, another server will be used.) After you are put in a team, one of the people on your team makes a channel for the team and that's where you discuss the team-building and such. For the battle, one member is chosen by their team to battle for their team, they may consult their actions with their teammates. It can be very stressful during these teambats as you have a limited amount of time and your teammates may not be the most reliable, but that's part of the fun! Sometimes unique, potentially tier-changing discoveries may be found in these teambats!​

Overall, these teambats will attempt to encourage participation of both new players and pros in LC. If you are interested in participating and have some time to spare, come on to #littlecup! Teambats can be as large as the number of people that want to participate in them. In general, try to keep the teams at 3-5 people (if necessary, more than 2 teams can participate).​

Now, who's hosting these teambats, you may ask? The following users are eligible to host a teambat. Note, hosts can play in the teambat they're hosting, though it'd probably be better for them not to...I won't fret though!:

blarajan
Charmander
Elevator Music
iss
prem
Ray Jay

It doesn't matter who hosts which teambat, as long as it's one of these users. Now, I know you all want to participate...what time are these teambats, you're wondering?

There will be three teambats a week, at the following times:

Tuesday, 8 PM EST (GMT-4)
Thursday, 4 PM EST (GMT-4)
Saturday, 2 PM EST (GMT-4)

Do not host a teambat unless it's one of these times. The theme for each teambat will be announced at that time--never fear, the hosts will be constantly stockpiling themes for each week. If you have an idea for one, feel free to PM a host! We will definitely consider each one!

-Choose one of the themes
-Split the teams up using a randomizer or bracketmaker. (this is a good one)
-Send the teams to #team1 and #team2
-Give them 30 minutes to make a team (if it's a harder theme, longer is fine)...the time doesn't really matter though. They can take as long as necessary.
-Have both battlers record the battle.
-Post the theme, the members of each team, the pastebins of team 1 and team 2's team, who played for each team, who won, and an Aesoft replay from the winner's perspective (preferably) in this thread

Every member of the winning team will receive 1 point. The losing team will not receive any points. Each player's points will be maintained throughout the teambat season. To maintain fairness, only two teambats a week per player will influence ranking. If you want to play three teambats that week, then the Saturday teambat will not influence your ranking.

Example 1: Player A participates Tuesday and Saturday. Both affect Player A's ranking.
Example 2: Player B participates Thursday and Saturday. Both affect Player B's ranking.
Example 3: Player C participates Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Only Tuesday and Thursday affect Player C's ranking--Saturday does not.

Now, we want teambats to be fun for all players. Don't fret if you're hopping on board towards the end of the season--there will be awards for various things, which won't all take into consideration your score for the season. So if you come on board late, still do your best! Your contributions will be noted, and who knows...you might get recognized for them, even if you come in last place (prem)!

Now most importantly...have fun!

MarceloDK--3
iss--2
Al_Alchemist--1
blarajan--1
Chieliee--1
D4RR3N--1
Deinosaur--1
dragonboy52--1
DTC--1
Ebeast--1
Elevator_Music--1
HSA--1
prem--1
Psych071c--1
Raseri--1
Ray Jay--1
Snowflakes--1
viashinomage--1
DittoCrow--0
fatty--0
shnen--0
spuds4ever--0
Tiffanyy-0
vwall--0
Woodchuck--0
wilde32--YOU ARE AN ASSHAT AND ARE BANNED FROM FURTHER TEAMBATS

Remember to have fun!

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
brb wrecking blarajan

To be honest, this is going to really improve BW2 teambuilding by leaps and bounds. Good but somewhat gimmicky sets will probably be seen in a few teambats, and hopefully the best sets from teambats will be brought into the metagame itself. Try not to make it bog standard every teambat!

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In terms of which teambats affect our ranking in a week, is it the first two we participated in that week or is it the two we did the best in?

so what exactly are these said awards going to be? i want to know how i should play my hand so i have the best bet at winning an award :P
and is it going to be one person on the team playing for the whole team when you fight or are you all going to showdown and the team with the best win record gets the points

Just do your best and have fun. It'd be silly to tell you the categories and such now.

also lol reading comprehension Ray Jay...

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so what exactly are these said awards going to be? i want to know how i should play my hand so i have the best bet at winning an award :P
and is it going to be one person on the team playing for the whole team when you fight or are you all going to showdown and the team with the best win record gets the points
basically 1 person per team is picked to play, but ghosting is allowed.

iss

let's play bw lc!
lost to blarajan in literally the most depressing game ever

seriously >>>>>>:(

iss

let's play bw lc!
Theme: DPP LC

Team 1: Ray Jay / spuds4ever / D4RR3N

Team 2: MarceloDK / Al_Alchemist / dragonboy52

Winner: Team 2

i regret everything, this was painful to watch dpp lc is better than this

two in a row?!? i need to get my act together, or i'm going to miss the whole season
Edit: and i'm going to miss this one too, eventually i'll just sit here and accept my fate but for now: WHY ME!!!???

Uh did a teambat happen today our or did the hosts loaf really hard? I completely forgot...

I'm sorry. Two of the hosts went on vacation. Accordingly, I'm adding Al_Alchemist as a host. Nothing like this will happen again lol.

I'll edit the op when I'm off my phone. We are not doing a teambat to make up sure this one. We will adhere to the schedule from here.

Theme: No switching. U-Turn, Volt Switch, and Baton Pass are banned. Both teams know of each other's teams before the match (not intentional, but for one fucking shithead of a user {wilde32} posting Team 2's team in Team 1...only way to be fair)

Team 1: DTC / Prem / Woodchuck / vwall
Team 2: HSA / Raseri / Psych071c / Ebeast

Team 2 won, in an incredibly close match! Timburr lived Abra's Psychic with one HP and finished the match! http://pastebin.com/e74JAzez

Team 1's team: http://pastebin.com/LdfxLs22
Team 2's team: http://pastebin.com/dCi8EHpu <==Flash > HP Fighting on Misdreavus

Flash should have been a cool move, but even when you lower Houndours accuracy to nothing it can still hit with Dark pulse :) still it was a fun battle for sure, memento + flash was a lot of fun to use

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)