The Frozen Throne
No Water Source
The Frozen Throne
The Frozen Throne, the dreaded seat of power of the Lich King, is a large ice platform upon the top of a giant spire. An invisible wall surrounds the platform, preventing any Pokémon from falling below. However, it is highly unadvisable to fly too much above the arena, because the strong winds generally cause the unfortunate mon to be blown away (which would result in the Pokémon being effectively knocked out).
An interesting feature of the Frozen Throne is its soul siphon. Whenever a Pokémon deals 30 or more damage in a single round, he acquires a Soul Fragment at the end of the round. The Fragment can be used at the start of the next round to get one of the following effects:
- Restoring 10 Energy. This effect does not consume an action.
- Powering up an attack, causing it to deal 3 more damage. The user must declare which attack will be powered up (for example, he could issue the following order: Tackle - Thunder Wave - Tackle (powered up) ).
The Soul Fragment must be used in the round it gets available or it is lost (so, you cannot store it up). If the Soul Fragment is not used in the turn it is available, the user takes 10 flat damage caused by the fragment exploding.
Ok, since I thought it'd be cool, and I already worked some time on it, I will present you my tentative Ghost-type Gym arena!
The Well of Souls
Field Type: Ghost
Field Complexity: Moderate
Restrictions: No Weather (indoors), No Digging (see flavor explaination), No Seismic Moves (see flavor explaination), No water source (see flavor explaination), No vines for Grass Knot
The Well of Souls is a circular, high building, akin to a tower, with a 60 ft radius and about 300 ft tall. A glassy circle is suspended in the middle, connected with the walls by four ramps, built in a X pattern around the circle. The glass can't be dug through, and any kind of seismic move would cause it to crumble. It is still possible to cause effects like Rock Slide and Rock Tomb by pounding the tower's walls, though.
Below the glass, you can see a blue, swirling vortex. Feeble screams and cry can be heard coming from the pit, and you can spot many whisps floating in it, drifting like leaves. It is possible to harness the souls of the well to empower the user's own soul-based attacks, as well as consuming the whisps into fierce, infernal techniques. Translating into game terms, this means that:
- Focus Blast has 100% accuracy, and the base power of Aura Sphere and Hidden Power is raised by (2). It is very easy to focus oneself's soul upon the Well
- Will-O-Wisp and Inferno have 100% accuracy. The whisps provide decent enough fodder for these wicked spells
- Destiny Bond's energy cost is reduced by (5), and its CAP is raised to 40. The connection with the underworld is very strong near the Well.
I may still edit it a bit.