List of Released Dream World Pokemon Mark II

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Updated overworld sprites list:
Audino
Gurdurr
Throh
Sawk
Gothorita
Litwick

Axew and Krookodile were found in the Dream World. We are left with 10 Unova Pokémon with overworld sprites.

EDIT: Found a Scraggy overworld sprite in the game on this page: http://serebii.net/black2white2/dailyevent.shtml

EDIT2: Found Panpour, Pansear, and Pansage in assorted places within Striaton City gym/restaurant pictures. 6 Pokémon to go!

EDIT3: It looks like all of them have DW abilities
Klutz Audino
Iron Fist Gurdurr
Mold Breaker Throh
Mold Breaker Sawk
Shadow Tag Gothorita
Shadow Tag Litwick

EDIT4: did I miss anything?

Well Keldeo's sprite is likely used during the Secret Sword learning event & Meloetta's Might be used during the relic song tutoring.(I forget if that uses her sprite or not)

So all in all pokemon that do not have sprites and are not available by other means with their DW ability means are:
Snivy,oshawott,tepig, and larvesta lines.

Updated overworld sprites list:
Audino
Gurdurr
Throh
Sawk
Gothorita
Litwick

Axew and Krookodile were found in the Dream World. We are left with 10 Unova Pokémon with overworld sprites.

EDIT: Found a Scraggy overworld sprite in the game on this page: http://serebii.net/black2white2/dailyevent.shtml

EDIT2: Found Panpour, Pansear, and Pansage in assorted places within Striaton City gym/restaurant pictures. 6 Pokémon to go!

EDIT3: It looks like all of them have DW abilities
Klutz Audino
Iron Fist Gurdurr
Mold Breaker Throh
Mold Breaker Sawk
Shadow Tag Gothorita
Shadow Tag Litwick

EDIT4: did I miss anything?
Just because they're used in-game already, doesn't mean they can't be in the dream world.
Axew, for instance.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just because they're used in-game already, doesn't mean they can't be in the dream world.
Axew, for instance.
I realize that. I was stating which ones are left that aren't in-game (or confirmed in-game) or the Dream World.

I just realized that volcarona has had an in game sprite since BW1...
So it's just the Gen V starters that don't have sprites or another method of getting them via dreamworld as of yet

I just realized that volcarona has had an in game sprite since BW1...
So it's just the Gen V starters that don't have sprites or another method of getting them via dreamworld as of yet
Volcorona doesn't have the proper sprite type, though.
It's a 3 frame animation with no back or sides

Volcorona doesn't have the proper sprite type, though.
It's a 3 frame animation with no back or sides
Did not know that.
Sorry to spread that misinformation then.

So once again it's starters +larvesta linewith no sprites and no other way to get their DW yet.

I would also like to note that a lot of the Pokemon not on the list are Pokemon already found in the hidden hollows (at least according to Serebii.net). On my original scratch-off list (based on the sprite sheet), I have NOT marked any of those Pokemon off, but instead I have put a small "HH" on them. So far, none of the 5th gen Pokemon in the Hidden Hollows appeared in Dream World, but I will not ignore the possibility.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Yes yes yes, finally Gothitelle won't be terrible anymore.

In regards to this:

EDIT: A test with Gigalith:

Mountain: 46 (43%)
Cave: 34 (32%)
Forest: 9 (8%)
Manor: 9 (8%)
Sea: 5 (5%)
Sky: 3 (3%)
I decided to do another run with pure Rock (this time with Cranidos) and got some interesting results:

Cave: 55 (43%)
Mountain: 39 (30%)
Sea: 11 (9%)
Manor: 11 (9%)
Forest: 9 (7%)
Sky: 4 (3%)

Basically the reverse of what I got last time. Combining them I get:

Cave: 89 (38%)
Mountain: 85 (36%)
Sea: 16 (7%)
Manor: 20 (9%)
Forest: 18 (8%)
Sky: 7 (3%)

So I guess Rock prefers both about evenly which is what I thought anyway (unless Cranidos prefers Cave and Gigalith prefers Mountain but I doubt it).

So next I'll retest Fire and Poison just to see if they are still the same post Icy Cave (they probably are) and then I'll return to dual types.

Sigilyph with Store Power

I also got Gluttony Snorlax in game by doing the stupid quest. It can be either male or female and you can reset until get a female one, but it may take a couple of resets, as Snorlax is male 87.5%. Also, as the pic suggests, nature and IVs aren't set.

Super Luck Togepi can be obtainable the same way (without dream radar), but I didn't bother taking a pic of a released ability.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Super Luck Togepi can be obtainable the same way (without dream radar), but I didn't bother taking a pic of a released ability.
You probably should have as it was released as Male-only Togekiss. Meaning no egg moves, and no moves exclusive to previous evolutions.

Oh, didn't realize that was a quest. Haven't been looking too into the in-game trades.

...you can reset for those? Nice to know.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
testing poison just to be sure

EDIT:
Windswept Sky: 8
Pleasant Forest: 51
Rugged Mountain: 18
Sparkling Sea: 5
Spooky Manor: 6
Icy Cave: 3

Tucked in some pure-fire Typhlosion since poison's been checked.

Mountain x 30
Sea x 2
Forest x 8
Sky x 6
Cave x 2
Manor x 2

Mountain for the first seven trips! (Although it blanked after 6)

atsync

Tucked in some pure-fire Typhlosion since poison's been checked.

Mountain x 30
Sea x 2
Forest x 8
Sky x 6
Cave x 2
Manor x 2

Mountain for the first seven trips! (Although it blanked after 6)
Oh crap I did Fire too ahahaha. Is this revenge for me doing the same thing with Fighting?

I just finished and I got (with Darmanitan):

Mountain: 55 (46%)
Sky: 15 (13%)
Manor: 14 (12%)
Sea: 14 (12%)
Forest: 13 (11%)
Cave: 9 (8%)

My Mountain rate wasn't as high as I would have expected, but Fire definitely favours Mountain. All of the listed types should be correct now.

atsync

Sorry for the double post but I didn't want people who might be interested to miss this (which would probably happen if I did an edit).

I've been doing some more type testing over the past few days. This was the theory that I proposed before:

I think I have been looking at this a bit wrong. Initially I thought that each area had its own preference rate and that this rate was EQUAL for all types that prefer it (so Fire, Fighting and Rock would all boost the rate of Rugged Mountain to the same percentage). However, these tests make me think that not only does each type prefer its own area, but each type boosts the rate of the preferred area by its own unique amount!
I thought that it might be true and suggested some testing for Mountain types, but then Rock turned out to change preferences after Icy Cave opened up...

So I tried to focus on Manor. I tucked in Mismagius and got the following:

Manor: 90 (68%)
Sea: 7 (5%)
Sky: 7 (5%)
Cave: 7 (5%)
Mountain: 10 (8%)
Forest: 11 (9%)

Obviously we know that Ghost favours Manor, but what's interesting is the rate. Compare that to what Lrrr got for Psychic:

Forest: 41
Sea: 44
Sky: 57
Mountain: 53
Manor: 235
Cave: 49
And Dark:

Forest: 55
Sea: 30
Sky: 61
Mountain: 49
Manor: 255
Cave: 55
Basically, Dark and Psychic boost Manor to about 50% but Ghost boosts it to a higher rate. The actual rate I got should be considered tentative due to the smaller sample size, but it does seem to be higher which is what's important and it supports my theory.

I've also been doing some more tests involving dual types.

Firstly, I did a test with Vanilluxe:

Cave: 135 (69%)
Manor: 16 (8%)
Forest: 10 (5%)
Sky: 12 (6%)
Mountain: 9 (5%)
Sea: 15 (8%)

I then tucked in Jynx and got:

Cave: 59 (40%)
Manor: 39 (26%)
Forest: 17 (12%)
Mountain: 11 (8%)
Sky: 9 (6%)
Sea: 10 (7%)

Jynx has a stronger preference for the Cave than the Manor. This is to be expected if Ice boosts Cave to a higher rate (about 70%) than Psychic boosts Manor (about 50%). What is interesting is that the rate that Ghost boosts Manor to is similar to what Ice boosts Cave to (both are about 70%).

So what I want to do is tuck in a Froslass. If the rates are correct then I would expect that Froslass would favour Cave and Manor equally (unlike Ice/Psychic and Ice/Dark types who would have a bias for the Cave). If this goes as expected then it would further prove that types can be unique in the rates that they boost their preferred areas to. Alternatively, I could try Drifloon/Drifblim, since I have data for Ghost and I can just use Lrrr's data for Flying (in this case Sky and Manor should be favoured evenly if I'm right).

I think this is important because it would be useful for players to know which types they should use if they want to go to a particular area. For example, assuming Ghost does produce a stronger effect, people looking to go to the Manor should be tucking in a Ghost type rather than a Psychic or Dark type. So if this is true, I might have a go at testing all the types and comparing those types that prefer the same area. I honestly don't care about the specific percentages but if certain types have a stronger effect than others then I think people should know so that they know which types are truely the best ones to use.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Interesting. As a suggestion has anyone tried tucking in an Arceus several times using different plates or does it always act as a normal type in the dreamworld?

Myself and someone else have tucked in Sky Plate Arceus (Flying) and it behaved more like you'd expect a flying type would compared to normal which favors no particular area.

I had a similar train of thought about the dual types and after seeing a definite increase in percentage I decided to tuck in a pokemon that had two types that lead to the same island area. I used Sableye for Ghost and Dark to see if I hit the manor more frequently and I ended up hitting it 4 times out of 5. Not a lot of data, but possibly noteworthy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)