Join Date: Apr 2012
VM for an OU rate
Black = OK
Orange = Can be difficult
Red= Major threat, is one of my worst enemies
Standard OU Offensive Threats
- Choice Band - Metagross Bullet Punch/Earthquake, Others can revenge kill depending on locked in move
- Choice Scarf - ^
- Dragon Dance -Harder, but Metagross still beats it
- Choice Scarf / Specs - Prediction matters here, but mamo can switch in and break the volt-turn chain. Hydro Pump goes to DNite or Starmie
- Support - One of the most annoying things for my team to face. Will-O-Wisp screws over everyone and Starmie hates Volt-Turn
- Choice Band - If it locks into Bullet Punch, its set up time. While U-Turning Metegross and Dragonite can take it
- Swords Dance - Dragonite can kill, Starmie can put a major dent in it.
- Bulky Swords Dance - Dragonite, Lucario can dent even with unboosted Close Combat
- Choice Band - Metagross can take Outrage all day, even if the opponent is smart and predicts metagross survives and switches into starmie or Mamoswine to scare it out
- Dragon Dance - Mamoswine takes on all, Bulky Dragon Dance is beaten by Starmie
- Mixed - Mamoswine, Starmie can beat it unless he carries a strange coverage move.
- Parashuffler - Mamoswine Icicle Spear breaks its sub/ Multiscale and will probably kill it in the process.
- Rain Abuse - Mamoswine, My Dragonite and Starmie all can take this on.
- Choice Specs / Scarf - Annoying to face. I usually have to sacrifice my Dragonites multiscale to beat the scarf variant but specs is a lot easier
- 3 Attacks - Mienshao beats him as a lead
- Standard - Mienshao, Starmie, Mamoswine and if it doesn't have Balloon even Dragonite can beat him up
- Substitute + Calm Mind / Wish + Calm Mind - Mamoswine is a god answer, Dragonite/ Metagross can back him up.
- Expert Belt - I never saw one. I'm guessing its a bluff set so Dragonite and Metagross can take it out.
- Choice Scarf - Once its locked itself in, One of my other pokemon can switch in and force it out.
- Life Orb / Expert Belt - Metagross can take a hit, but Starmie/Mamoswine are the best way's to kill it.
- Choice Scarf / Specs - ^ Except take out Starmie if its carrying a scarf
- Calm Mind - Mamoswine and Metagross are my best bets for this.
- Calm Mind - Mienshao can weaken it, followed up by Lucario Crunch/ Dragonite Outrage
- Offensive Trick Room - It will outspeed my entire team after TR. My priority moves and Metagross save me here otherwise it will demolish me.
- Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Metagross can take outrage, Starmie and Mamoswine can revenge kill.
- Dragon Dance - Mamoswine and Starmie can switch in as he dances and beat him.
- Double Dance - ^
- Nasty Plot - I never saw one, but Mienshao beats it as a lead.
- Choice Specs - ^
- Special Attacker - ^
- Bulk Up - Have to beat it before it gets more than 2 BU's up. Mienshao and Starmie perform admirably at this
- Flame Orb + 3 Attacks - Starmie can just surf him and then something else can finish if he survived
- Nasty Plot Sweeper - Mienshao just does Fake Out + U-Turn all day on this. Mamoswine is a last resort.
- Tinkerbell - Mamo is immune to T-Wave so is a good switch in and then he can just Ice Shard it to cripple it
- Choice Specs / Choice Scarf - Metagross and Dragonite can take Leaf Storm all day and then use the free turn effectively. Other moves are rarely used in my experience.
- Double Dance - Once Metagross is down hes downright annoying. Starmie is an option on the switch unless he carries Rock Gem hes probably not OHKO'ing with Stone Edge
- Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Metagross can take a hit and Bullet Punch. Starmie beats Band
- Substitute + Swords Dance - Metagross once again saves me.
- Offensive / Bulky Dragon Dance - Starmie is faster than most bulky ones even after Ddance and if I catch it subbing its that much easier for my team rates to revenge as well. Offensive doesn't have the bulk to survive my priority.
- Choice Band / Choice Scarf - Each of my team can switch into his respective moves. Waterfall to Starmie, Earthquake to DNite, and any Stone Edge to Metagross/Lucario. His last coverage move is usually Bounce so Metagross again.
- Substitute + Disable / Pain Split - Annoying, but Metagross can beat it even if its got sub and Starmie can beat it once its lost its sub.
- Life Orb - Opposing Starmie are troublesome. Dragonite ExtremSpeed or otherwise I'm left with beating the Speed Tie with my own Starmie
- Rapid Spin - ^
- Choice Specs - Dragonite fears trick, but Starmie Cripples itself in the process. Otherwise Dragonite can take Hydro Pump and Outrage/ExtremeSpeed it.
- Rock Polish / Swords Dance - Mamoswine, can handle Rock Polish, Swords Dance is beaten by Mamo as well as Starmie and Mienshao
- Choice Scarf - Mamo and Starmie are both good options, the trouble is getting them in
- Substitute + 3 Attacks - Mamo breaks his sub and kills with Icicle Spear but will take some damage in the process.
- Landorus-T Bulky Attacker- Mamoswine doesn't like intimidate so Starmie is the best option here.
- Landorus-T Choice Band- Starmie and Mamo can handle it and depending what move it locks in all my other mons can switch into one move or the other
- Mixed Attacker - Starmie shits over this
- Nasty Plot / Swords Dance Booster - ^
- Choice Band - With Good prediction can damage my team a fair bit. Starmie can't switch in without risking U-Turn and Dragonite doesn't like the odd Stone Edge. Once hes locked in though hes easily dealt with
- Offensive Quiver Dance - Keeping SR up is good, But Dragonite's ExtremeSpeed does so much damage that losing SR doesn't mean Volcarona party
- Bulky Quiver Dance -same as above
- Chesto Rest - The two moves don't come close to denting Dragonite while he destroys this with outrage/ ExtremeSpeed
- Substitute - Who said Dragonite?
- Substitute - My only Steel in Metagross beats this 1V1 anyway so hes a non-issue
- Choice Scarf / Choice Specs - Can dent Metagross a fair bit, but he still comes out on top
- Calm Mind - All my priority moves take a fair chunk off of this
- Bulky Sun Attacker / Passer - If its on the recieving end of some long ass baton pass chain the only thing thats saving me is a crit. Luckily this is rare with ExtremSpeed I can finish off the common Lead Ninjask/Smeargle before he starts racking up boosts'. Bulky sun attackers dont do much with all my powerful priority going around
- Dragon Dance - Salamence hates Mamoswine
- Mixed - Same as above except add Starmie and Mienshao into the mix
- Defensive - Starmie is the best answer as Mamoswine doesn't like intimidate
- Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Metgross laughs at Outrage while setting up SR or downright demolishing Salamence. Mamoswine isn't wise to switch into due to moxie but can revenge just fine
- Offensive -It takes good oppositon prediction, but this thing if it gets in has a SFE move for my whole team bar Mienshao who can't take a hit anyway. Just got to not let it switch in for free
- Choice Specs / Choice Scarf - Same as above requires good prediction but can eliminate my team with the right move. Once locked in its easier to deal with
- Substitute - Mamoswine Icicle Spear beats this
- Bulk Up - Mamoswine beats this and so do Starmie and Mienshao.
- Sub Seed - Mamoswine and Starmie to the rescue
- Sub Punch - Mamoswine Icicle Spear shits all over this
- Swords Dance Technician - Dragonite doesn't mind either STAB's and can hit back and destroy it. Mamoswine and Starmie also beat it but have trouble switching in. Any of them caught trying to Set up on Metagross through Spore will be decimated.
- Choice Band Technician- Once locked in my team can abuse it to have a free turn.
- Calm Mind - Mamoswine and Dragonite can both do hefty damage with their Priority attacks. If it neglects to carry HP Fire then Metagross can Bullet Punch it as well
- Offensive Tank - Mamoswine and Dragonite but add Starmie to the mix as well this team. If it doesn't have max speed or is not carrying a +Speed nature even Mienshao can beat it.
- Choice Specs - Metagross takes Draco Meteor all day while hitting back with Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance - A bitch in the rain, but i run Jolly on Mamoswine purposely for outspeeding Adamant Croak. If worse comes to worse Dragonite can hope he doesn't have Ice Punch and attempt to Earthquake
- Bulk Up - Beaten up by Metagross Zen Headbutt
- Swords Dance - If running Jolly is not as hard, but Adamant is a pain. Starmie's Surf is the best answer and wearing it down to the point where it has defenses lowered and low health from LO is the last resort
- Nasty Plot - Beaten up by Starmie, and Dragonite.
- Calm Mind - Mamoswine shits on this with Ice Shard. Dragonite's ExtremeSpeed is also useful
- Swords Dance - Beaten again by Mamo and Dragonite, But Starmie can also do some damage
- Dual Screens - Never seen one, but Metagross can Zen Headbutt + BP to do some large damage to this.
- Dragon Dance - Starmie outspeeds even at +1 and hits back with surf, but will likely lose itself in the process. Dragonite ExtremeSpeed dents this as well.
- Bulk Up -
- Special Growth - Mamoswine beats Venusaur and so does Dragonite for that matter
- Mixed Growth - Doesn't pack the same punch, but Mamo and Dragonite kill him.
- SubSeed -Mamoswine will either Icicle Spear or Ice Shard here
- Stealth Rock - Mienshao hits this hard if its leading and it is usually forced to choose between SR or switching out and trying again later.
- Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Once locked in, can be used to get free switch ins. Mamo outspeeds and kills band and Scarf is beaten by my own Metagross unless the opponent predicts and uses Earthquake, at which point Dragonite comes in
- Agility - Starmie resist's Meteor Mash and is a good choice for taking this down. Alternatively my own Metagross has significant bulk and can take Earthquake and hit back with his own.
- All-Out Attacker - Starmie outspeeds and kills this, Metagross and Dragonite's priority defeats it as well
- Choice Scarf / Choice Band - With good predicting my opponent can take Starmie out of the picture with this and then proceed to terrorize my team with his powerful attacks. It doesn't happen often though
- Physical Attacker - Beaten by Starmie and Mienshao
- Focus Sash + Endeavor - Mienshao breaks Focus Sash with Fake out and then finishes with HJK. If its not a lead for some reason then Starmie is the way to go once Mienshao is down.
- Choice Scarf / Choice Band - Dragonite beats the scarf set and Band is beaten by Starmie and Mienshao as well.
- Rain Abuser - v
- Choice Specs - Metagross can switch in on Hurricane, Grass Knot and Focus Blast so this thing goes nowhere on my team
- Tornadus-T Life Orb - Since 99% of the time it will be in rain Metagross beats up on him with his Flying Resist.
- Choice Scarf - I lead with Metagross i if i suspect Scarf Aboma and Metagross can take both of his STAB's and earthquake NP
- SubSeed - Metagross Bullet Punch beats this up. Mienshao beats it if its leading
- Mixed Attacker - Mienshao and Metagross both beat it.
- Substitute + 3 Attacks - Metagross can take this on and break the sub turn 1 and then proceed to kill it.
- Offensive Calm Mind - My powerful Priority smacks this around
- Focus Sash - Focus Sash Kazam is a bitch to all offensive teams. If I can break the sash with Mienshao then hes a lot easier to deal with
- Dual Screens - I will lead with Dragonite if I suspect Dual Screens so I can beat him up with ExtremeSpeed
- Lead - Mienshao forces it to choose between Rocks or Taking out Mienshao
- Nasty Plot - Can do a fair amount of damage to my team, but Priority usually takes it out before it gets out of hand
- Choice Band - Metagross beats this all day.
- Choice Band - Dragonite and Starmie both don't mind Aqua Jet in rain, and can hit back hard with Outrage and Thunderbolt respectively.
- Fast Spiker - My Mienshao lead usually means it only gets 1 Layer up so it isn't a real hassle
- Dual Screens - Mienshao once again to the rescue
- Focus Sash - If it catches Metagross putting rocks up, I will get punished by having Metagross come out with most of its Health gone
- Choice Band - Easy to deal with, its too frail too take my priority attacks.
- Agility - Starmie beats this up and so does Metagross
- Choice Specs - Same as above
- SmashPass - Depending on what it passes too, this can be a hard thing to go up against. It does however need to get in on one of my mons that doesn't like it for it to have an impact
- Shell Smash Sweeper -
- Dragon Dance - Kingdra is usually used to counter rain, and can't have much of an impact on my team. Bulky variants are easy and Offensive ones just get hit by priority and collapse
- Rain Dance - Not so much Kingdra, its the setting up of ran Dance that is hard. If he sacrifices himself and Kabutops or some other Swift Swimmer comes in somethings going to get hurt.
- Choice Specs - Metagross can take any Draco Meteor coming off it and Starmie and Dragonite don't mind Hydro Pump
- Choice - Metagross is my best option with his Bullet Punch scoring a SFE hit on it
- Substitute + 3 Attacks - Metagross once again but Mienshao can do an alright job as well
- Choice Band / Scarf - Christ Scarf Victini is a bitch to go up agaisnt. A STAB sun boosted 180 BP move will hit hard on almost anything, and Victini's 100 base Attacks make it even worse. It outspeeds my whole team and its good bulk make it harder to revenge
- Physical Attacker - Beaten by Starmie or Mienshao
- Choice Band - Metagross takes next to nothing from return and can hit back hard.
- Baton Pass - Mienshao breaks his sash and proceeds to kill him with HJK.
- Speed Boost - I have versed one before and its rain boosted waterfall ripped through my team as Dragonite as down. I had to beat him by using his Life Orb Recoil as nothing on my team resist's Water + Dark. One of my biggest threats, luckily hes rare.
- Choice Scarf / Choice Specs -Dragonite demolishes this
- Support - Starmie can beat this in a pinch
Nasty Plot- Starmie and Mamoswine beat this easy
NP + sub - Use either Starmie or Mamo to force it into either attacking or boosting.
Choice Scarf/specs- Mamo can switch into electric moves and get a free turn effectively.
Sub + CM - Dragonite resist both STAB's and beats it with Outrage / Extremspeed
Offensice CM - Starmie can dent it heavily even after 1CM. Dragonite's ExtremSpeed cuts it down too
Choice Specs- Dragonite will take a fair amount of damage, but ExtremeSpeed will cut Keldeo down to size
Standard OU Defensive Threats
- Specially Defensive - Since most lead, Mienshao smacks it to hell and back. Metagross can beat it also if it also if it decides to stick around for later in the match
- Standard - Read what I said about support Rotom and then X2
- Standard - Mienshao, Dragonite, Mamoswine and Lucario all kill this fruit
- Defensive - Mienshao beats it as a lead, Its not going to do much against Starmie if it decides to stick around
- Swords Dance - Mienshao lures these in and disposes of them with Hidden Power. Starmie and Mamoswine deal with it anyway but they switch out of them unless the user thinks i'm predicting a switch (which I don't)
- Substitute + Protect -Mamoswine Icicle Spear breaks the sub and kills it.
- AcroBat - Mamoswine, Starmie and the Mienshao show is back
- Defensive - ^
- Specially Defensive - Beaten by Mamoswine, Mienshao and Lucario if it carries balloon. Dragonite can be used as well if it doesn't hold balloon or if the balloon is broken
- Specially Defensive - Mamoswine and Metagross defeat with ease.
- Physically Defensive Spiker - If I let Starmie die this thing screws me over. Dragonite Fire Punch is my only other answer.
- Specially Defensive Spiker - Dragonite Fire Punch and Starmie deal with this
- Specially Defensive - Mienshao beats it as a lead, Dragonite smacks it if it decides not to lead
- Physically Defensive - Mienshao Fake Out + U-Turn makes this thing cry
- Physically Defensive Spiker - Dragonite Fire Punch and Mienshao can do heavy damage with HJK. Starmie can also hit hard and spin away spikes but must be careful of Volt Switch
- Specially Defensive Spiker - Same as above except take out Starmie
- RestTalk - Starmie shits all over this
- Utility Counter - A pest, if Scald ends up burning a lot more than it should like it usually does its a pain in the ass. Luckily Lucario has Crunch to get by it
- Toxic Spikes - Mamoswine, Metagross and Dragonite all take a dump on this guy
- Tank - Cant take the powerful attacks of my Physical attackers, and Gastro users will nearly always switch into Starmie expecting to pick up a boost so I never fall for that anyway
- Dual Screens - Mienshao forces it to choose between screens or attacking
- Baton Pass - Read what i said in the offensive Espeon part
- Support - All besides Starmie couldn't care less about this thing
- Wish Support - Starmie TBolt hurts, and everything else can do a lot of damage with just STAB attacks
- Support - Mamoswine and Starmie both beat this and if it chooses Bulk over Speed then Mienshao can be thrown the there as well
- Tank - In rain it is generally annoying and Dragonite's Fire Punch is weakend. Starmie has its Surf Boosted in rain though so its a double edged sword
- Dual Screens - Same as above
- Defensive - Even though I don't have a grass attack, My powerful attackers will wear him down quickly with his lack of recovery
- Stallbreaker - Will-O-Wisp is annoying, but doesn't like being hit with Dragonites Outrage or Mienshao's U-Turn
- Tank - Starmie's Thunderbolt wipes this guy off the map
- Curse - Never saw one, I saw Stockpile though and I used Mienshao and Dragonite combo to beat it
- Specially Defensive - Easy to deal with, just smack him with a powerful attack
- Physically Defensive - Harder to deal with then specially defensive, but will still more than likely be 2HKO's by my powerful attackers.
- Support - Mienshao takes a chunk off it, Doesn't like Outrage off Dragonite
- Dual Screens - I can usually keep it to just getting off reflect by using Mienshao and Starmie together
- Bulky Spiker - Mienshao and Dragonite usually give him only one chance to get a layer up
- Toxic Staller - Metagross does a number on this, and Starmie can absorb Toxic if Metagross is down
- Specially Defensive - All members of my team have a way around this
- Physical Tank - Starmie does admirably against this
- Standard - Starmie beats it, and i won't bother attempting SR until this is gone
- Dual Screens - Is usually forced to only get one screen up with Starmie hitting it hard on the special side and everything else smacks it with a physical attack
- Bulky - Is actually annoying. I usually lose something to this but it is basically a "you lose I lose" scenario
- Prankster - Starmie absorbs Stun Spore and can hit back with Ice Beam. Can't take my priority attacks well anyway
- Physically Defensive - Folds up to Starmie's Ice Beam.
- Prankster - A major pain in the ass is Sableye. If Starmie's down W-O-W misses and Metagross's Lum berry are what save me. I usually end up having something crippled against this
- Defensive - Mienshao and Lucario are my best bets, but its incredibly bulky and trace is a bitch
- Support - Bar Starmie, nobody cares about this thing
Specially Defensive- Metagross can take spore and KO with Zen Headbutt
Last edited by Asek; Jul 15th, 2012 at 10:41:36 AM.
Reason: I finished the threat list!