RBY Wrap Details: Mechanics after Death?
So we know this about Wrap:
In link battles, when Wrap is used, you use 1 PP, and a Wrap "queue" is set where you are not prompted to select a move until you use all the Wraps in the queue. While more Wraps are queued, one of two things can happen:
1) The opponent stays in, and the message "X's attack continues" appears on the screen. Wrap PP is not used.
2) The opponent switches out, and the message "X used Wrap" appears despite not being prompted to use a move. Wrap is forced into usage, and PP is used. If 0 PP of Wrap are left but the user is forced to use it, PP will roll over to 63 as Wrap is used anyway.
What is unaccounted for here is death of the target of Wrap. I found this video
which seems to indicate that after the target dies, even with Wraps still in queue, the user is prompted to use another move, and thus is not forced to use Wrap. This is not a link battle though, but an in-game battle. My questions are as follows:
1) In link battles, are Wrap users prompted to use another move even after the target dies, regardless of the number of Wraps left in queue (i.e., same as in-game mechanics)?
2) Even if the user is prompted for a move, might the user be forced to use Wrap anyway in such a peculiar case? In-game it's uncertain, since in the video supplied the user selects Wrap anyway, and in link battles I really don't know.
3) Regardless of the answers to the above questions, might Wrap PP roll over if it is used for PP after the target faints? (In other words, regardless of whether the user is forced to use Wrap or not, could fainting a Pokemon with your last Wrap PP allow Wrap to be used and PP to wrap around on the following turn?)