Aug 17th, 2012, 11:25:04 PM
i was born to save the doctor
Join Date: Nov 2009
i love #thatPOWER
VGC 2013 Regional Rules
Mantyke Edit: VGC 2013 Regional Rules are up!
This year's rule set is pretty much identical to the current GBU rule set. A few things to note is that this means the Therian formes are allowed, Chatot is banned, and note taking is allowed.
The rule set isn't quite yet released to the public yet, but Chris Brown shared it today with Nugget Bridge ahead of time and important bits of it were uploaded on site. We'll edit in the full rule set when it goes up on Pokemon.com
Originally Posted by Fat Nugget Bridge via Chris Brown
6. Standard Format Style
All sanctioned Pokémon video game tournaments require players to assemble a team of Pokémon, with items, prior to the start of the event. The standard format style for all PLAY! Pokémon tournaments is Double Battle.
6.1. Double Battle
In Double Battles, each player selects four Pokémon from his or her party of six to battle with. At the start of the battle, players send out the first two Pokémon in their party, making a total of four Pokémon on the battlefield. Game play continues until a player knocks out all four of his or her opponent’s Pokémon.
7. Standard Team Construction Rules
When building a team for a PLAY! Pokémon tournament, all players must adhere to these standard construction rules.
8. Sanctioned Format
- A player’s team cannot contain two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number
- Each Pokémon on a player’s team can hold an item, though no two Pokémon may hold the same item
- A player’s team cannot contain two Pokémon with the same nickname
- A player’s team cannot contain a Pokémon nicknamed with the name of another Pokémon (for example, an Unfezant named “Pidove”)
- Pokémon may only use moves that have been learned through one of the following methods:
- By leveling up
- By TM or HM
- As an Egg move, through breeding
- From a character in the game
- A move already known by a Pokémon received at an official Pokémon event or promotion
- A move already known by a Pokémon that has been transferred from another Pokémon game via Poké Transfer or the Relocator.
Pokémon Organized Play supports one format for sanctioned play: Modified. Sanctioned events are listed on the POP website, and the results are reported to POP after the event concludes.
8.1. Modified Format
The Modified format is the standard tournament format for PLAY! Pokémon video game events. This format will be used at all premier events unless specified otherwise. The Modified format for the 2013 season will use the following restrictions:
4.2. Mid-game Time Limit
- Only Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2 Game Cards are permitted for use.
- Players may use Pokémon from the National Pokédex, from No. 001–649, that are caught in the game, transferred from a previous Pokémon title, or received at an official event or distribution
- The following Pokémon may not be on a player’s team:
- 150 – Mewtwo
- 151 – Mew
- 249 – Lugia
- 250 – Ho-Oh
- 251 – Celebi
- 382 – Kyogre
- 383 – Groudon
- 384 – Rayquaza
- 385 – Jirachi
- 386 – Deoxys
- 441 – Chatot
- 483 – Dialga
- 484 – Palkia
- 487 – Giratina
- 489 – Phione
- 490 – Manaphy
- 491 – Darkrai
- 492 – Shaymin
- 493 – Arceus
- 494 – Victini
- 643 – Reshiram
- 644 – Zekrom
- 646 – Kyurem
- 647 – Keldeo
- 648 – Meloetta
- 649 – Genesect
- Pokémon must be placed in the Battle Box.
- Pokémon above level 50 are permitted, but they are auto-leveled down to 50 for the duration of battle.
- Players may use Pokémon with Hidden Abilities that have been officially released through the Pokémon Global Link or an official event or promotion.
- Pokémon may not know the moves Sky Drop or Dark Void.
- Players may use items that have been officially released via Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, Pokémon White Version 2, the Pokémon Global Link, or an official event or promotion.
- The Wonder Launcher cannot be used during battle.
Any mid-game effects, such as selecting a move or retreating Pokémon, are to take place within the 60 seconds allocated per turn. Note taking may only occur when not being prompted to select a move.
October 14th rules
(thanks JRank for checking PokeGym like it's your job)
So, apparently the rules will be the same as this year's
, but will allow the Worlds Pikachu I know you all so desperately wanted to add to your team. This is only for the October regionals as far as we know, which means they're giving us some time to wait to buy BW2 and beat the game and get a team together before January.
This means we'll be running with a format that changes throughout the season, much like TCG. Thoughts? Any speculation on what the VGC 13 format will be now that we know they're waiting for BW2?
jrank edit: it is my job, 's why they pay me the big bucks
when ppl are like ‘the new pokemon are so unoriginal and dumb’ im like?? ? ? celebi was a flying onion
Last edited by TheMantyke; Nov 27th, 2012 at 7:59:46 PM.