Originally Posted by Fat Shiny Regice
Yawn, honestly they need to incorporate new unique rules to keep the metagame fresh. People said VGC 11 was stale but 12 is nearly just as bad. Cresselia is on most teams as well as Gross, Chomp, and TTar.
I disagree with this statement. Why don't you take a look at the stuff that was used at this year's World Championships? Here are some of the cool things I noted from all the Seniors in the Top 8 at Worlds.
- kingofkongs used an awesome TR team with CB Gallade, Bronzong, and Jellicent
- Snake used Fire Gem Volarona, Calm Mind Latios, and Excadrill
- Repr4y utilized Swampert very nicely
- nachocheese999 had a very nice TR team with Gyarados, Heatran, and Amoonguss
- kamz used LO Cresselia, bulky Thundurus, SD Scizor... (wait that sounds familiar)
- World Champion Dimsun used Rotom-H and bulky Ludicolo with Swift Swim
- Santa Ito used a rain team with Infernape and Mental Herb Thundurus
- And I used Wolfe's team. (Skill Swap Cresselia, CB Terrakion, Chesto Rest Hitmontop, fast/bulky Thundurus, Power Swap Exeggutor!)
Each and every single player in the Top 8 had a Pokemon unique to their team that was critical in their success. And this is just the Senior division. I know Abram used Cloyster to win in Juniors, and Brian used Sableye to beat my own brother in T4. Masters had even cooler stuff.
VGC 2012 is only as stale as you make it out to be - go ahead and try something new! Wolfe and I used freaking Exeggutor at Worlds!