Originally created on Pokemon Lab by drunk Serioussss, introduced to me by Aquaaa and Corn. I don't know the full rules on this yet, so they are subject to change at some point if someone points out an error to me.
Is LC too restricting to you? Wouldn't you like to use slightly more powerful pokemon? These problems are resolved by Tier10!
- Pokemon must all be level 10
- All pokemon must be available at level 10 (this includes evolving before or at level 10, or evolving by stone or other event, as long as it can be done by level 10)
- All pokemon can only use moves available at level 10 (egg moves are allowed, event moves are allowed, but move tutor moves and TM/HMs are not. Heart Scale move tutor moves are allowed)
- Sonicboom and Dragon Rage are banned
- Pokemon normally classified as Ubers are banned.
- Ninetales is not allowed.
- Like other metagames, you can only use what has been released (unreleased Dream World abilities are not allowed)
As an alternate metagame that, while similar to LC, varies in many important respects, this style gives some merit to lesser-used pokemon and moves.
Because this metagame hasn't had much experience in fifth generation yet, it'd be nice if there could be some feedback on results, so overpowered pokemon/strategies can be evaluated.
I don't know the full rules on this yet, so they are subject to change at some point if someone points out an error to me.