OU Champion's Elite Challenge: Dark Horse Edition
Approved by NixHex
You have made your way through the entire region, traversing every route, town and cave in sight. Along the way you have defeated all the trainers and Gym Leaders. Now it is time for you greatest challenge... The Pokemon League! All the champions from across the regions have gathered together! Conquer five of the world's most formidable trainers and solidify yourself as the undisputed Champion of the world. However, it does not end there - you must defend your covenant title as there are challengers desperate for your place at the top spot.
The trainer holding Red's position as Champion for the longest period during in a three-month trial will be declared the winner of the competition
This project is similar to the UU Mafia
or NUgget Bridge
. However, this tournament will be ongoing and it has a catch. This time when you defeat an Elite 4 you must replace one member of your team with a Pokemon under 5% in the Usage List
. Once a Champion has emerged, it is up to him to defend his title with the team he won the tournament with.
Elite 4 Rules:
- Challenges will happen in single match elimination
- Elite 4 may be challenged in any particular order
- If you defeat an Elite 4 you must replace 1 member of your team with a Pokemon below 5% on the usage list
- Challengers need not start off with any dark horses
- Matches will follow standard rules and clauses
- Challenges are to be made on a single post, edited with extra details
- Challengers are encouraged to organise there own matches however if you can't do this I will be more than happy to do so for you.
- All matches are under the current OU tier (Garchomp is banned)
- Challenges must include you alts, how many Elite you have beaten, how many Dark Horses you are using, your time zone and hours of availability
- Team members need not be replaced if you are already using the appropriate number of Dark Horses
- Challengers may change there teams and movesets as long as they have the required Dark Horses
- If a challenger loses against an Elite 4, the challenger must start the challenge from the very start. Your record will not pass over to the next challenge
- If a challenger loses a battle against an Elite and is forces to restart the challenge they must wait a week before rechallenging the Elite that they lost against
- When updating your challenge post do not include losses, simply include your win streaks as a loss means you must start the challenge again.
- Do not post battle logs
- If you challenge an Elite on showdown or IRC make sure to post here with a formal challenge after the battle
- Elite 4 may be replaced if their win/loss is not up to standard
- Teams must not be disclosed
- Elite 4 may decline challenges but excessive declination will result in replacement
- Elite 4 may change their teams
- Elite 4 are required to update there posts regularly confirming wins and losses
- Do not post battle logs
Blue (Lavos Spawn)
Cynthia (Cherub Agent)
I know you are all eager to begin, but I stress the point that you should plan your teams carefully before you start. Scour the Strategydex and the lower tiers for inspiration. You can also check several threads, such as: Underrated but effective sets in the BW2 overused metagame, Creative (and good) Movesets Mk II (READ THE OP FIRST)
, What do you think is the most underrated Pokemon in OU? (Read the OP and Post #215)
, The Trial of the King Killers [Anti-Metagame Defensive "Tier List"]
, Underrated but effective sets in the BW2 overused metagame
and Most threatening Pokemon behind a substitute?
for some ideas.
So get out there and finish the journey you started through the region! Become the Elite 4 Champion. Members of all skill levels are encouraged to participate so do not hesitate to challenge.
If you have any questions, comments or queries do not
post here. Simply VM or PM me and i will take care of it.
Dark Horse of the Week
Deoxys-D is arguably the best pokemon in the Dark Horse category. It can glue together HO teams incredibly well and its ability to lay down spikes is unparalleled. Many people, myself included, believe that he is the most underrated pokemon in OU, in fact, in my opinion he is even ubers material. Seriously give him a spin!
If you wish to elect a Dark Horse simply post in the thread! Be sure to add details about it as well as how many Elites you beat using it!