Ok, Wobbuffet is in desperate need of a full rewrite and update, and no one else has decided to do so, so here I am.
(Skeleton, once again, is not so good, but whatever, it gets the points across)
-move the fast Wobbuffet set to OO or just completely get rid of it. Gothitelle pretty much does the whole "take down walls" role much more effectively then Wobbuffet.
The most annoying punching bag around
- Lol 8 moves.
- ohwait, Shadow Tag.
- seriously, Wobbuffet's pitiful movepool actually takes advantage of Shadow Tag perfectly, allowing Wobbuffet to almost gurantee a KO or free set-up.
- Wobbuffet is also stupidly bulky, which lets him take a lot of punishment.
- No recovery makes Wobbuffet a sad panda.
- Taunt also makes Wobbuffet sad.
- Gothitelle also gives Wobbuffet major competition, also possessing Shadow Tag with a much, much better movepool.
name: Oh No, It's Wobbuffet!
move 1: Encore
move 2: Mirror Coat
move 3: Counter
move 4: Safeguard
nature: Calm / Bold
evs: 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SpD
- Set has a veery simple goal; to trap an opponents Pokemon, and either KO it, or give a teammate a free set-up.
- Encore allows Wobbuffet to give the infamous free turns it's known for to its teammates.
- Counter and Mirror Coat allow Wobbuffet to reflect back physical and special attacks respectively.
- This set works well against choiced-locked revenge killers, as Wobbuffet won't have to worry asbout predicting whether the opposing Pokemon will use a non--attacking move, or a special / physical move.
- Safeguard offers status protection, but it really is just filler as Wobbuffet's dreadful Speed means it will be outsped before it can set it up.
- EV spread and nature choice honestly depends on what moves you want Wobbuffet to take.
- The 28 HP EVs are to reach a Leftovers number.
- Setup sweepers love Wobbuffet's ability to remove revenge killers and provide opprotunity's to set-up.
- Taunt will severely cripple Wobbuffet, leaving it unable to use Encore.
- A Wish passer will allow Wobbuffet to stay around for much longer to continue pestering the opponents team. Chansey or Blissey are particularly good at this because their bulbous forms will absorb any Ghost-type attacks thrown at them, while Wobbuffet can stomach Fighting-type attacks.
- There is Splash, Tickle, Charm, and Destiny Bond. Splash is Splash, Wobbuffet is too slow to utilize Destiny Bond, Charm, or Tickle effectively.
[Checks and Counters]
- If we use a hard definition of countering, Wobbuffet has no counters because you need a minimum of 2 Pokemon to even have a chance of getting the "counter" in.
- Shed SHell allows any Pokemon to escape from Wobbuffet's Shadow Tag.
- U-turn and Volt Switch wwill also allow Pokemon to escape Wobbuffet's fury, but unless the opponent switches in a Ghosty-type in with U-turn, or a Drak-type in with Volt Switch, the switch-in will be hit by Counter / Mirror Coat.
- Ghost-types using physical moves, and Dark-types using special moves will easily take down Wobbuffet because of their immunity to Counter / Mirror Coat.
- Of course, a simple solution is to keep pounding Wobbuffet with extremely powerful moves so it can't risk switching in without risking a simple 2HKO.