, johned, johning
- A cheap excuse for losing, missing a recovery, being hit by an attack, or any number of unfavorable events in Smash. It is a statement or action that detracts from the validity or quality of a competition (or its implied significance), irrespective of truth.
While gimmicky tournaments are tons of fun, we all know that standard tournaments are the way to go, so what better thing to do than to bring back the No Johns Tournament! Just like last time, the rules are simple. This will be a single elimination, best of one ADV OU
tournament with one catch: deadlines will be three days max.
- General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
- Standard OU - Singles
- Best of one
- Single elimination
- The banlists for this tournament are the same as for the ladders of the Smogon University and Groudon's Grotto servers of Pokemon Online.
- No, absolutely any circumstances, johns.
- Do not join this tournament unless you visit the forums every day and are extremely active, as shortened deadlines mean activity is crucial.
- Species Clause
- Sleep Clause
- Freeze Clause
- Evasion Clause
- OHKO Clause
- Timed Battle
- Ingrain Smeargle is banned
Congratulations to these three talented players for making the finals. Now they will give everything and clash in a Robin Round to be crowned the newest No Johns champion. There's no deadline but get it done as soon as possible, and be sure to let us know when the battle is taking place (also save the replay!). Best of luck friends.