Some rules and stuff stolen from Honko
Keep the following things in mind during every Research Group:
The main point of this is to see how some lesser seen RU pokemon fare in the current metagame. Each research week will actually be 2 one week long stages. In the first stage, you are free to theorymon about the pokemon chosen for Research week and talk about what roles / niches they fill and how they fare in the metagame. The second week, feel free to post logs showcasing how the pokemon fared in standard play and talk about how they did in comparison to expectations etc. This extends to IRC, where you can talk about the pokemon / sets you used in either #rarelyused or #pokemon!
The Research Group Challenge:
In order to participate you must do the following:
- Be open-minded, don't just say something is terrible and walk away; look at its stats, movepool, and typing and think something up!
- Feel free to theorymon early in the research period, but make it clear you're doing so. Later in the period though, you will be expected to back up your posts with hard evidence like logs, actual sets, perhaps even teams.
- Just because an analysis has been done for a Pokemon doesn't mean there isn't more to explore; it's very likely that something has gone unnoticed.
- Do not post in this thread complaining about the Pokemon I choose and/or suggesting ones we should do for future weeks. Like I said before, feel free to VM / PM me these suggestions, but don't expect me to always listen to you.
- Post here or send me a PM with a fresh alt and the name(s) of the Pokemon you will be using.
- Use at least one of the Pokemon being researched.
- Post your experiences with the Pokemon you're using, participate in the discussion!
Lastly, remember that these are not the only sets you can test during research week! Feel free to be even more creative than the challenges, and in general just discuss the pokemon!
Posting a viable set that completes one of the challenges above - 1 point
Getting in the top 5 on the PS RU ladder with one of the above Pokemon - 2 points
Getting in the top 5 on the PS RU ladder with one of the above Pokemon that meets one of the challenges - 3 points
You can only earn points for one alt. You will receive face value for the challenges, and 1 point for every addition RW mon you use, and 2 points for every additional challenge you complete