Thumbs up for Simisage?
I know this Pokemon sucks generally, but there has been one set that I have used pretty effectively lately.
This is my first indicidual set thing so if the format is wrong, I apologize.
One more reject and this is gone though.
name: All-Out Attacker
move 1: Leaf Storm
move 2: Focus Blast
move 3: Hidden Power Rock / Hidden Power Ice
move 4: Giga Drain
item: Life Orb
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Why this deserves to be on-site
- It has a decent 98 base Special Attack and a good 101 base speed, making it a good option this kind of set.
- Its like Sceptile except a little weaker and a little slower, but Sceptile isn't in the tier so this isn't that big of a deal.
- Leaf Storm hits really hard immediately - it also catches people off guard that expect a Nasty Plot set (which is what comes to mind when they think of a Simisage)
- Second fastest user of Leaf Storm in the tier, but unlike Serperior it acutally hits hard. It is also a lot faster than the Pokemon in the tier that have Leaf Storm that hit harder than it.
- Leaf Storm hits about as hard as a +2 Energy Ball/Giga Drain, but it requires no set-up.
- Focus Blast allows it to hit the few Steel-types in the tier that resist the move.
- Only Grass-type in the tier that can defeat Steel-types in this fashion, aside from Cacturne who is much slower. Pokemon like Probopass, Klang, and Bastiodon, who usually take Grass moves like a boss get hurt really badly.
- Hidden Power Rock hits Fire-types really hard. Charizard is outsped by the mohawk monkey and gets OHKOed, for example.
- Amoonguss is relavent enough to use Hidden Power Ice, even though it doesn't do much to it admittedly. Speically Bulky Altaria and other Grass-types also dislike it.
- Giga Drain is much weaker than Leaf Storm, but it allows Simisage to use a STAB move and heal itself from Life Orb damage.
- EVs for maximum offensive force. Timid to outspeed all those annoying base 100 Pokemon like Charizard.
- Life Orb is also good thanks to Giga Drain healing off damage and its good coverage
Teammates & Counters
- Crappy movepool - literally no other Special Attacks other than Grass Knot, but it gets all it needs.
- Hidden Power Fire could be useful, but Steel- and Grass- types dislike its other coverage moves a lot more.
- GET RID OF AMOONGUSS ABOVE ALL
- Fire-types like Emboar and Charizard, Sap Sippers like Miltank, Psychic types like Gardevior, etc. Hypno is awesome because its a Psychic type that is immune to sleep.
- Entry hazards are useful since usually the opponent will send their Grass-resistant Pokemon out. Garbodor can set up Spikes, and Pokemon such as Probopass can set up Stealth Rock.
- Like I just said, Amoonguss counters it. Not even Hidden Power Ice does much to it.
- Emboar isn't weak to Hidden Power Rock and easily OHKOs it.
- Skuntank actually takes a fair amount from a Leaf Storm, but it can Pursuit it out, or if it stays in, hit it hard with a Sucker Punch.
- Ninjask 4x resists Grass moves, outpseeds Simisage, and OHKOs it. Be careful of HP Rock on the switch.
- Priority moves in general., especially Ice Shard and Sucker Punch.