Originally Posted by Fat atsync
Hmmm... I did actually forget about that, but is it realistic that Mom will get enough money to buy the Moon Stone before you beat Morty? It's just that you only need to have Surf to get to the Tohjo Falls Moon Stone, and I thought Mom's Moon Stone would come after that. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I guess if you backtrack occasionally and deposit all of your money then she'll buy it sooner regardless.
I kinda forgot you could go to Tohjo Falls as soon as you get Surf, but it's still a sidetrack I wouldn't really want to do before you get Fly. I forgot when exactly you get a Moonstone. Someday I'll play through Crystal again and keep track of that stuff.
edit: Alright, got the Moonstone, iirc everything from here your mom buys you can do on your own as well except room decoration which doesn't matter.
Here's what she gets you, and when she got it for me. I fought pretty much every Trainer on the way. Apparently your mom buys things for less than you can buy them at Marts. For example, I think she bought Super Potion for like $400 or $350 (half price).
1. Super Potion: ~$800 ($400 after): between Violet and Union Cave
2. Repel: ~$4500: between Goldenrod and National Park
3. Super Potion: $6500 (Ecruteak City Dance Theater)
4. Charmander Doll: $8500 (between Ecruteak and Olivine)
5. Moon Stone: $12500 (between Mahogany Town and Lake of Rage)