Hello Smogonites! As you may have seen on the front page, Smogon is going to be giving out one copy of Pokemon Black 2 and another copy of Pokemon White 2 to celebrate the release of these new games. In order to apply for a shot at winning White 2, like our Smogon Facebook page
and comment on the relative post with your username. Simple enough!
If you're aiming for a copy of Pokemon Black 2, then this is the thread you want to post in. Unlike earning a copy of White 2, this giveaway is set up as a contest. What you'll need to do is share your best Pokemon experience in this thread in 100 words or less
. This can be a whole spectrum of things; if you want to tell a story about a competitive battle, you're more than welcome to do so. If you desire to share something that happened in-game, with your friends, or at a live Pokemon event, that's acceptable as well. Just share your best story, whether it be funny, emotional, impressive, or whatever you can think of!
There's a few rules you need to be careful of though, so check them out before you post your story.
- Only 100 words per entry. This is pretty self explanatory. We want to hear your experience, not a novel. Keep your thoughts clear and concise.
- Only one entry per person. If you have a bunch of stories to share, that's awesome! However, just pick your best one to post in this thread. If you can't choose, get a friend to help you pick which one is better.
- No links to other sites, whether they be on Smogon or elsewhere. Share the experience with your own words, not by referencing them through links. This would give you an unfair advantage; so as a result, these stories will be deleted and not considered for the prize.
- Only one image allowed per story. If the image is large, put it in hide tags. The text of the story should be written, however. If you use an image to unfairly increase the length of your story's text, then you will be out of the running for Pokemon Black 2.
- Feel free to comment on other stories, but don't be negative. By all means, say which posts are your favorites! However, it is not acceptable to push down other stories that you don't like. Keep it classy.
That should be about it. Next Sunday the 14th, at 10:00p.m. (GMT -6), this thread will be closed. A panelist of judges (which will be announced in a few days) will choose the best experience from this thread. We will make our decision within twenty four hours, so the winner will be declared on Monday. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask them to me through private message or in this thread.
Best of luck to all participants! We're excited to hear about your stories from the wonderful world of Pokemon.