Well look who came crawling back... so after talking with Poppy this morning I decided that I'd return from my hiatus and try to make it onto the council. My main motivation is to keep a certain user whom I shall not name (syrim) off the council as I hear he struggles with basic arithmetic. But seriously, I would love to be a part of shaping the metagame that has shaped my time on Smogon since I joined during gen 4 and I feel that I've got a deep enough Ubers understanding to be a valuable member of the council. Having been away for a little while, I decided to check how my skills and metagame knowledge held up on the ladder. After about 5 hours I hit #1 on a fresh alt:
It was unfortunate that I lost a game to my internet lagging out, but what can ya do. These games, and in particular the last
, helped to reignite a passion for mons that had fizzled a bit as of late.
I've been reasonably active in the Ubers scene over the last year and a half.
- I was voted 'Best Ubers Player of 2011' in the latest smog awards
- Played in SPL3, finishing with a 5-3 record (highest price for an Ubers player - 15k)
- Won the 'No Arceus' #pokemon challenge back in November/December
- Won the No Arceus DPP Ubers Tournament
- Finished runner up in the BW Ubers Tournament
- Co-hosted the Most Uber Tournament Ever
- I've won every teambat that I've been a part of :> (4 iirc)
- Am an Ubers QC Member
- Topped practically every Ubers ladder I've played on numerous times (but heh, not sure how much of a qualification that actually is)
- Although my activity has dropped off as of late, I've always been active in #ubers discussion. I was given % in #ubers as well as + in #pokemon for my contributions. Now that I've returned, I plan to significantly increase my activity on irc.
I'd like to think that these accomplishments highlight both my knowledge of the metagame and my adaptability as a player and teambuilder. I've experimented and had success with just about every viable playstyle in the tier: from stall to hyper offense; trick room to baton pass. Amongst other things, I introduced Lead LO Dialga as well as helping to repopularise Gliscor, a rather noticeable trend in the current metagame. Oh and of course the fearless Xatu, whose analysis I pushed for and whose skeleton I wrote.
I'd also consider myself a rather friendly guy, who's easy to get along with but well able to articulate and argue a point. I'd love to be part of the council and it sure would be swell if you'd give me a shot.
EDIT: two posts
regarding my opinion on the tests