Making a VGC guide, need opinions on what to add.
I'm helping some friends irl(I might put it online as well, but idk) get into the VGC game and plan to write a guide for them to use. I want it to be useful to newbies and people who know a little bit about battling already. These are the things I've got so far on my list of this to cover. This guide is for VGC12(since it is most similar to GBU) and will include VGC13 information too when available.
VGC Guide Points/Index
- EV training/EV Hotspots in BW1+2, Natures/Synchronize
- IVs and how to get good ones.
- Soft Resetting guide (will list popular legendaries, where to catch them, and their max stats with their most useful nature(s).(Might be moved to advanced)
- Possible Catching strategy guide.(False Swipe, Mean Look, Spore etc.)
- Strong Pokemon and Weak Pokemon (What not to do at a stoplight use.)
- Popular Strategies (TR, Sun, Rain, etc.)
- Advanced Combonations (VolcTop, Disquake, Protexplosion, etc.)
- Countering the "Metagame" and how Unique Pokemon give you an upperhand.
- (Not certain on this one)Base Stats guide to popular Pokemon (What pokemon like Thundurus, Garchomp etc. stats are like at Lv.50 with certain spreads)
- Movesets guide to VGC 12. (I don't think smogon's 1 set per VGC pokemon is enough)
- Movests guide to VGC 13.
- Brief info on RNG abuse (IV TImefinding and PID advancing stuff)(5th gen)
I think I've covered almost everything, anything else I should add/remove?