Originally Posted by Fat Shurtugal
1. Starmie isn't A rank, it's supposed to be an offensive spinner and it's special attack is a low 299 and the only thing that's good about it is it's speed, and losing to both Scarf Gene and LO Torn-T do NOT make it A-worthy in my humble opinion. It was better when it was faster than Torn-I
2. Ferrothorn should be at least A-rank and not B-rank because of its (a) popularity and (b) ability to wall almost everything in OU when placed in rain.
3. Mence needs to go to Rank-B. It's offensive presence is nice and all, but the little monster is forced to run jolly and scarfed just to outpace Gene and almost nothing lets you set up DD because they all fear a Moxie sweep.
4. Blissey / Chansey all deserve at least B ranking since SkarmBliss is quite a core that is still menacing.
5. Tenta should move to Rank-B due to it's fighting rest and rain dish, making it quite bulky and annoying to deal with. Walls a lot of rain threats to an extent.
6. Scizor should be considered for Rank A with it's amazing ability to revenge kill almost everything with hazards.
EDIT: I made edits to #4.
Just my two cents.
I pretty much completely disagree on Salamence. First, if you have used ScarfMoxieMence as extensively as I have, you would know how deadly it is. Second, it perfectly falls under the A rank definition. It can sweep a significant portion of the metagame (maybe the same amount as Dragonite, if not more due to its higher Speed), but it requires support.
I also disagree with Blissey/Chansey because while they can be effective, they have massive flaws (Blissey a huge vulnerability to all physical attacks, Chansey a lack of Leftovers recovery) while they can also end up being setup bait for a lot of dangerous attackers like Lucario, Terrakion, and SubCM Jirachi.
I disagree with the others for reasons already explained in this thread. Except Tentacruel, who I don't have enough experience with to comment on.