Posting a Yellow Nuzlocke update (for the 1 or 2 people that end up reading it....but it's kind of interesting, and the nicknames are pretty good), now with 6 badges.
This is split up into four short parts: the rules, the team, some adventure tidbits, and the nicknames of the Pokemon sitting in my reserve box.
1. Only catch first encounter of each new route
2. Nickname each Pokemon
3. If they faint, the die. No revives.
4. Battle Style is on "Set"
5. Gift Pokemon are legal to use, as long as they are the first and only
Pokemon received in that area.
6. Every single trainer in Kanto must be defeated
7. Only 5 HP heals per battle, but status healers (burn heal, etc.) get unlimited uses
8. Duplicates do not bypass the 'first encounter' rule
9. No legendary Pokemon
10. No glitches of any kind may be exploited
"Lighter", Level 50
"Thor", Level 50
- Thunder Wave
- Pin Missile
"Aquamarine", Level 46
- Light Screen
"Mike Moore", Level 37
- Body Slam
"Neato King", Level 36
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Double Kick
"Dougie", Level 18
- Diglett is only in there b/c he was the first thing I had that could learn Cut. I've had him since Surge, and just never let go of him. You need Cut EVERYWHERE in Kanto.
- Level grinding is time-consuming because no one in Kanto has any Pokemon above level 30 except in gyms :/
- However, it's worth it b/c I'm more prepared for the overlevelled E4 and my team isn't totally wiped out by Sabrina
- Penusaur, my Ivysaur, died at Level 31 in Koga's gym. He died at full health to a critical hit from a Sandslash's Slash. We will never forget you, always whipping people in the face and sowing your seeds everywhere.
- Every Rare Candy I find I use right on the spot. There's no point in saving them, they'll all be used eventually.
- Sabrina was not as bad as I thought it would be. Led with Jolteon, OHKOd Abra no problem. Kadabra came out...got it into yellow health w/Thunderbolt, but it got back to full with a first turn Recover. Then I hit it with Pin Missile, which knocked it into red health, and the bitch hit me with a crit Psywave or w/e and lowered my Special. Easy kill on the next turn, though I faced a difficult situation when faced with Alaka. Hoping to move first, I shot out a Twave, hoping to PAR it b4 its crit rampage could start. Everything worked as planned. I was going to switch to Zard, but then it uses Barrier (or Reflect, dont remember), and an X Defend. This would have been a fuckload of trouble if I came in underlevelled. All I had to do was weaken it with Tbolt, and when it got to yellow, I switched in Zard and finished it with a critical from Slash.
- I really wanted a Starmie, since the lack of Venusaur means I would have trouble with Giovanni and Bruno (an no good Blizzard user for Lance). I had four chances to get it: Route 19, 20, 21, and Seafoam. The first three I hooked a Tentacool on the Super Rod, no good (although I did catch one of them). So with one chance left, I sprayed on some Super Repel, and headed into the Seafoam cave. When I got to the water area on the third basement floor, I fished, hoping not to get a Krabby. Even a Seel would be nice. Well, my first encounter was a FUCKING LEVEL 40 STARYU! #awesomelife.
- I dont know if I have the time to get a fifth guy up to level 50, but it's worth a try
Have to go now, so for he last part, here's just the best nicknames: Hard-on the Geodude, Weed the Oddish (it's the ;weed pokemon;, after all), Swagnemite the magnetmite.
Also: Houdini the Drowzee, and NeatoQueen the Nidoran-F