Join Date: Aug 2011
22:01 orcinus @ all: I cede my arguments against the council.
The aim of the Anime Style Battling Council
is to rationally, quickly and efficiently judge and implement proposed for ASB by the larger ASB Community. It aims to build upon, not revert, the existing spirit of ASB by approving proposals that strengthens the mechanics of the game. The ASB Council recognizes that changes are made only to fix an existing flaw in existing mechanics, or to make incremental improvements by way of small inclusions.
: Selecting the Council
- All council members are selected by a vote by the eligible ASB community, and
- The eligible ASB community is defined as the users who have had no less than one month experience in ASB and have finished no less than two battles in that time without a DQ elimination.
- The vote is private, and will be sent to the standing chairman of the council via PM.
- This voting will take place every six months, which will be the term of a council, and there are no restrictions on any user serving on consecutive councils.
- The five people who have achieved the most amount of votes from the community will be selected to be seated on the council.
- There will be five council members elected, and
- They may step down voluntarily at any point during their term.
- If at any time there are four users in the council, the council will decide among themselves via a vote who the replacement user will be, and the decision will be carried out in an efficient and timely manner.
- There will be one chairman of the council, and
- This user may not be on the council, but will be chosen by a council vote.
- Will facilitate the running of the council in any ways necessary, including calling meetings and running voting processes.
- Will report to Deck_Knight on any changes implemented.
- Council members have a moderated but public social group that consists of the five council members and the standing chairman.
- At any time, a member of the council or the chairman may call a vote of no confidence (or of inactivity) regarding a fellow council member, and the four members of the council and the chairman will engage a private vote regarding the member’s involvement in the council, and if and only if there are no votes cast for keeping the council member, that user is ejected from the council.
: System Changes
- If a proposed change to the ASB system gains considerable support, be it on IRC or the Feedback thread, the council may make a decision on its implementation, under the following guidelines:
- The proposal must be at least a week old before the council begins council discussion and voting on the proposal, so as to give all users a chance to respond to the proposal.
- After the time has passed and the community response to the proposed change is still positive, the council may begin private discussion and voting process.
- If the vote passes, the change is considered implemented in any way the council decrees, so long as there is no veto present from a relevant power.
- Proposals that lie within the council’s control include changes to specific moves, abilities, items, minor changes to game mechanics, and any major change to the game’s mechanics must also obtain a public approval from Deck_Knight, such major proposals including but not limited to,
- Changes to how damage is calculated, or to the concept of the battle system as a whole.
- Inclusion of a mechanic that lies outside of the existing spirit and ruleset of ASB.
- Voting takes place through the following process:
- Satisfying guidelines for a proposal, a member of the council creates two new threads for the proposal, one titled DISCUSSION and the other VOTING, outlining the exact proposal verbatim in the Original Post of both threads, in the Council Social Group.
- The council may discuss among themselves on IRC or on the discussion thread in the Council Social Group, at all times taking into account feedback from non-Council members.
- The council will in due time publically vote in the voting thread created for that proposal, with no less than a paragraph of justification for their vote.
- If the proposed change receives a majority vote from the council, it is considered implemented and the change announced in all relevant areas.
: Regarding Other Entities
- The Gym committee and the Roleplay committee hold complete sovereignty from the ASB Council; however, if either committee is overly inactive or otherwise incompetent, the council may take any actions deemed necessary to expedite the duties of the committee, be it through selecting replacements or by taking charge of the committee entirely.
- Deck_Knight holds ultimate veto power over any action that the Council takes, and continues to operate as Word of God.
typon77: orcinus is sex
13:38 SimonSays Okay, start pulling out.
13:38 SimonSays Let her sleep for the night.
Stroke softly the tigers of flame, you've nothing to fear.
i'm just the matchmaker
Last edited by Orcinus Duo; Nov 4th, 2012 at 1:13:02 PM.
Reason: Reformatting Orcinus' constitution (don't worry, the content is the same as it was before)