Hello everyone, I'm having issues with Entralink RNGing in Black 2 and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.
I've been following religiousjedi's guide to a tee, and although I'm using RNG Reporter instead of PPRNG the concepts are still extremely helpful. My problem right now is that I can't even come close to hitting the right PIDRNG frame. I'm consistently getting the right IVs and Chatot pitches, so I know hitting my seed/timer0 isn't the problem. I'm turning on my timer right as I get into the Entralink and entering the "battle" with my target right when RNG Reporter says I should. According to the nature and characteristics I'm getting, I'm not missing by a few seconds but rather a few minutes
. I could see where I would have to adjust for a few advances here and there but being off by this much just leaves me scratching my head.
Here are the details, if any are relevant:
- Catching a female Alomomola. I have two others in the Entralink but they've been moved to the deepest clearing.
- I'm confirming my seed by listening to 4 Chatot chatters, and adjusting the starting frame in the RNG Reporter main window 4 frames forward to compensate.
- I've saved in the Pokemon League where there should be no wandering NPCs or weather effects.
- I'm not starting the game with the C-Gear on, and I'm skipping the opening animation of it by mashing X to open the menu.
- Tried several seeds, all with the same problem.
Here is the setup I have in the main window:
If there are any ideas or further questions about what I'm doing feel free to reply, thanks! This looks like a good thread and I'll try to help out when I can as well.