Originally Posted by Fat Good_Luck!
According to this post in DW released 'mons
, Gothita isn't released to use on LC as the released Gothorita is male only. Serebii
also makes a point on Gothorita being male only. Looks like GameFreak has forgotten LC exists.
I agree with D-tier to Goth as it isn't as useless as the pokemon on E but it's outclassed by many other Psychic-types who have better abilities, movepool and/or a secondary typing. It's not mediocre, it's just plain useless.
I agree that Teddi is S-rank in cuteness and C kinda looks good for it as it's heavily outclassed as Facade user by Taillow who has a neutrality to Fighting and a SE attack to hit back. It's very underrated in the current meta, but not that good to be on upper ranks, I think.
Nah Game Freak just knows I only half pay attention to things. My B on the Gothita thing. I had completely left out Teddiursa's terrible typing, i kinda just included that in "horribly frail, like you've had cookies that are tougher than this thing frail" I would like to elaborate a bit on Taillow though and to do that I kinda want to adress all the normal fliers at once since they basically all follow the "totally outclassed by better normal/fliers" template.
- Actually has some really great defensive stats and cloud nine. I would say it's a good weather check but it loses to its flying typing, making it weak to the only two weathers to exist in the teir (sand and hail for those who couldnt figure that out). Its slow speed keeps it from even pretending like it could wall drilbur too. Allin all you're better off using Lickitung if you want a Cloud-Niner. C unless lickitung ends up there; in which case D.
Seriously Lickitung is strictly better i'd say.
- like GoodLuck said, its faster and stronger than unboosted teddiursa, and has a good secondary stab too boot. Access to u-turn tops it off. still, its flying type = weak to rocks. I've never used one, and it seems like the kind of mon that can be good, so I'll let some one more qualified give a rating for it.
- Take taillow, lower its important stats and raise dump stats by *1*. thats spearow. Sit down. E rank.
I honestly cannot think of a single thing spearow does that some one else doesnt do better.
- suffers the same fate as a lot of new mons do: it can't abuse its actually *Awwwwsome* move pool. it has a monsterous base 83 attack, and is respectably fast for the teir. Oh yeah it gets Sheer Force (arguably the best sweeper ability in the game, *especially* in LC where getting 60% increases without LO recoil is godsend in a meta infested with eviolite). buuut since it really cannot abuse anything that makes it cool I'd have to say C teir, as just another fairly decent scarfer.
- aside from having the easiest name to make fun of (Lol pudgey) pidgey is completely outclassed by everyone at everything. E teir, go hang with Sunkern
- "Outclassed by Vullaby" as stated in its on-site description. I think thats accurate. It gets tinted lens in DW which is a damn good ability but I really dont think It'll be abusing it any time soon. E Teir
- The runner of moneys, doduo has histortorically forced you to think whether the guts boost of Taillow is worth losing base power. honestly, I think it is, and when Scarf birds were big I used Doduo over Taillow every day of the weak. nevertheless it brings *even* less to the table that does taillow. I'm going to say C teir
on the grounds that its scarf set is stronger than Taillow's without that guts boost. lets be honest here, switching a scarfed mon, thats weak to rocks to get *badly* poisoned or burned and then attack with recoiling moves isnt exactly the easiest thing to pull off, nor will award you with the "worlds most humane trainer" achievement :/. For the record I do think Taillow still belongs in C cause even though I (personally) think it's CS set is outclassed by Doduo's it still has the Guts sweeper to fall back on, giving it more versatility. I'm pointing that out cause I want to ensure we're looking at the mons in every possible light.
Edit: oops totally gave away my secet thought that Taillow should be C
- Starly, having received the best possible dreamworld ability it could have asked for,
is a far cry from the monstrerous Staraptor. Most importantly it doesnt get access to Close Combat - which is what made staraptor so grossly powerful. other then that it has mediocre stats, a mediocre movepool, and is generally outclassed by Taillow / Doduo. E Teir
- if you were to take all of the mediocre points of all the flying normal types and put them in a pot, and left them to simmer for 3 hours you'd be left with pidove. This is me being nice, calling him medicore. E Teir