OK, so I talked with shrang and yee, and we more or less agreed that Donphan does not need 2 sets. Please merge the 2 sets as follows:
name: Rapid Spin
move 1: Rapid Spin
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Stealth Rock / Head Smash
move 4: Ice Shard
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
~ It needs Adamant to do any significant damage with its otherwise weak coverage move in Ice Shard
~ AC mentions:
- 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Def, which allows Donphan to survive a +2 Close Combat (after SR) from Terrakion more than average.
- Fire Fang for Ferrothorn & Forretress who tries to use Donphan as Spikes bait. Also effective against Breloom and Scizor.
- Stone Edge for a solid coverage move without HSmash's nasty recoil.
- Assurance for hitting Gengar & Jellicent hardest if SR is up
- 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe @ LUM BERRY to outrun standard Jellicent and 2HKO specially-defensive variants. SR damage + boosted Assurance + EQ 2HKOs Jellicent. Assurance (with Rocks) or Head Smash OHKOs Gengar. Lum is nice to prevent Sableye and Jellicent from burning Donphan, allowing Donphan to 2HKO Sableye.
- 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Def & IMPISH Nature for a more defensive spread. Survives +2 Close Combat from Terrakion always and +2 LO CC from Lucario on more than average (after SR). 56 Atk just enough to 2HKO Landorus & Salamence with Ice Shard.
- Odor Sleuth for guaranteed spin even against ghosts.
~ Other Options:
- Remove Rock Polish lol
- Add Toxic & Knock Off for their utility
- Counter is great on Donphan!
- Body Slam for paralysis
~ Checks & Counters:
- Skarmory can chip away at Donphan's health and set up Spikes
- Same story for Hippodown
- Bronzong too if Donphan lacks Fire Fang
- Deoxys-D with Night Shade or even better Psycho Boost can make short work of Donphan
- Ferrothorn doesn't enjoy tanking powerful EQs but usually a safe switch-in and wins with Power Whip
- Physically defensive Jellicent can tank an EQ and burn Donphan; same for Sableye
- Gengar fears nothing from Donphan without a coverage move stronger than Ice Shard
- Gyarados and Cloyster can set up on Donphan without Head Smash or Stone Edge to threaten it
- Celebi, Tangrowth, Virizion, Breloom (LO Bullet Seed 3HKOs max HP Donphan)
- Bulky Toed, Physically defensive Gastrodon, Slowbro, Keldeo, Rotom-W
- Offensive Pivot Landorus-T and Gliscor
- Max HP Latias
- Latios / Latias / Hydreigon / Kyurem(-B) can switch in if it doesn't switch into Stone Edge / Assurance. Special mention for Kyurem-B for ignoring Sturdy with Terravolt
- Air Balloon Heatran checks Donphan if either Sturdy is broken or Air Balloon is intact.
- Abomasnow as long as it doesn't switch into super-effective moves; negates leftovers recovery, making Sturdy harder to keep intact
- Any powerful special assault once sturdy is broken