Jibaku EDIT: QC Approved: 3/3
QC approvals: 1/3 (trickroom, syrim, hugendugen (see VM), , )
- Access to STRONGEST WATERFALL IN THE GAME !!!
- It has the rare Taunt
- Intimidate + Moxie = Great Ability choices, Intimidate lets it take physical hits better then Lugia, Moxie lets it become even scarier after a kill.
- 4* weakness to Electric-type moves
- Can't switch into STAB Draco Meteors, but its got OK bulk.
- All-in-all Gyarados's unique attributes let it harass stall quite easily X_X, just make sure to defend it from Thunder.
Name : Tauntrados / Stall Breaker
Move 1: Dragon Tail
Move 2: Waterfall / Earthquake
Move 3: Taunt
Move 4: Toxic
Nature : Impish
evs : 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 Spe
- Set abuses Gyarados ability to harass stall teams
- Taunt is crux of set, gives Gyarados ability to stop enemy team from recovering HP, and prevents the guy from getting phazed / statused.
- Waterfall is strong STAB, but is weather dependent. Earthquake lets you hit Steels immune to Toxic and isn't reliant on weather.
- Dragon Tail lets you phaze stuff and rack up residual damage.
- Toxic cripples walls even more, Taunt + Toxic -> can't heal from residual damage.
Name : Wall Breaker / Choice Band
Move 1: Earthquake
Move 2: Waterfall / Aqua Tail
Move 3: Outrage
Move 4: Stone Edge / Double Edge
item: Choice Band
Nature : Adamant
evs : 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
ability: Intimidate / Moxie
- Strongest Waterfall in the game, and ironically the perfect moves to break walls that try switching into it...
- Intimidate gives it enough physical bulk so that it can repeatedly switch in without too much of a problem
- Waterfall is strong, accurate, and has a handy flinch chance. Aqua Tail is less accurate and doesn't have the flinch chance but the power difference is notable.
- Outrage lets you destroy the Giratinas / dragons, provides good coverage too.
- Last move is a way to hit Water-types without locking self into Outrage. Stone Edge complements EQ so that you get edge quake coverage and it gives no recoil but its inaccurate. Double Edge does the same with more power but gives recoil. Return as an option but then y u no Stone Edge?
- Dragon Dance, but why aren't you using Salamence? Oh STAB on Waterfall and Moxie? Well its a little slow for DD...
- Triple status dos (status support)
- Muscular carp (support)
[Checks and Counters]
- Groudon removes sun and can hit it with stone edge, beware though as it can get Toxiced + Dragon Tailed out in the process
- Grass Arceus is not 2HKOed by any more that Gyarados has and can spam Judgements, doesn't like Toxic though.
- Choice Scarf mons can Revenge it with Thunder
- SR limits switches
- Lack of recovery means the above stacks up.
- Really just focus on revenging it, walling it is hard due to Toxic + Taunt and the fact it breaks through everything else with the CB set.