Vincent's Art

Hello community members, I figured that I'd make a good first impression by showing my personal talent; Art. I hope that you at least don't think this stuff is crap. Enjoy :D

3ds: Froslass

3ds: Victini

Paint tool SAI and Photoshop: Flygon (I reccommend using the "open in new tab" function)

Paint tool SAI and Photoshop: Male Trainer (BW2) (this is just a link to the image)

There's more that I have, I just haven't uploaded it yet.

Nice to see you here. Well the coloring and shading are very nice. The only thing I can say is just make sure you don't cut the time on your line art short. There a technical errors that could have been fixed if you just spent an extra 10-15 minutes making things were clean. I look forward to seeing what is next. :)

Yeah I know it'd be pretty hard for a 3ds, but seconding about working on lineart, it'd really help your pieces look cleaner and better
Welcome to Smeargle's, hope you stick around n_n

The lighting on your Chandelure is certainly a step up from some of your previous work, you've done well to consider the central purple flame as a light source. However I would've liked to have seen some glow from the eyes and around the other flames, it would just act to make the picture more realistic.

I think you've done really well for the colour in this picture, especially on some of the highlights. You've really got the purple shadow on the matt black looking good. However, there are irregularities in your shading: some bits are far too block-like, the lighting on the 'crown' for example. Firstly it needs to be smudged or blurred more, lighting is not a solid colour, it fades back into the base tone. Also the lighting here is mis-positioned as the light source is coming from above, and so the top ridges of the crown should be highlighted not the base. Consistency is key with lighting.

Other than that I'd say this is certainly a good start! One really quick alteration you could make to the piece would be to sharpen up the face and then blur the outer digits, this will add real depth.

Looking forward to seeing more!

i really like how you paid attention to some of the purple light; that's a good eye for detail. however, since you placed it against a black background, i think the purple lighting on the chandelure should be stronger and more visible.

also, it might seem easier to paint with softer brushes, but using a hard brush most of the time will yield a better result. you really want to be giving chandelure defined edges instead of blurry ones unless you're working on a piece with depth (even then, it wouldn't be fully blurred). lastly, don't feel rushed with your work and take some time to clean up whatever piece is being done. some of the edges on the painting are a bit rough and jagged, and i think it'd be better if those were fixed up a bit.

keep on going though; this is a good start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)