First of all, I wanted to say thanks to the (brilliant) minds behind managing all of this RNG management. When I heard about this, I was very intrigued
Anywho, I'm stumped. I'm in the process of (attempting) to RNG a Female Hidden Grotto Vulpix. The IVs & Nature are unimportant to me, as it is mostly for personal use and to start dabbing into this RNG management. I've gone through a lot of reads and videos to lead me to a small bit of knowledge of what I'm talking about, but chances are I have no idea.
So I'll go through the process of what I've done, etc.:
1. I went through setting up my DS Parameters first, of course-
(DSi XL, White 2 English, area w/out NPCs [Giant Chasm Entrance from the East, the Route # escapes me])
- I went through 8 Parameter checks to try and find a consistency in my Timer0 (I had done more previously until I finally realized NPCs were screwing the results, so I changed locations) and I ended up with 6 different Timer0's, one repeating 3 times. I assumed this would be enough consistency to start RNGing the Vulpix, but I later found out I was wrong (I think?)
(sub)Question 1: Is the above repetition of 3 Timer0's enough, or should I be aiming for a higher number?
2. I used this Timer0 and the information from Hozu's guide (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/hidden_grotto_abuse
) in the Time Finder to get a seed I "Liked" and began RNGing off of that.
(sub)Question 2: For the Time Finder Seed, does this date have to have any relation to the date I used to find my Timer0? For example, I used December 7, 2013, 20:13:20 to find my Timer0 - does this Time Finder Seed have to echo this in any way?
3. I went into the Grotto with Vulpix, made sure it was cleared, and saved the game. The previous Grottos in the List were also never touched, bar one which I checked that has been refilled. I used the first Frame Vulpix (Using Method: Gen 5 PIDRNG & Encounter Type: Hidden Grotto
) because, as stated, the IV's and Natures are not very important for me. Also, I figured (had I been doing everything right up to this point), I would at least get a Vulpix to show up in the Grotto.
4. The Date & Time of the seed I used was December 3, 2013, 12:52:32, so I did the whole "set EonTimer to 32 seconds, queued my DS's Clock to this countdown, started the game when EonTimer hit 0, didn't hold down any buttons until the 'Star' appeared, Did not enable C-Gear" and I began walking my 256 steps inside of the Grotto, I walked outside upon finishing, and re-entered the Grotto. I repeated this 4 times until I came here to begin my inquiry! Also, on my Fourth attempt, I had an Amoongus appear (the other 3 were empty) - Not sure if that adds to anything.
(sub)Question 3: Does Running (Holding B) make any difference in walking the 256 steps inside of the Grotto to "Reset" it?
So, what do? I'm sure what I'm doing is as obvious as a sore thumb to the wiser individuals out there, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance.
I also have all of my DS Parameter calibration pokemon's IVs (and other information that was given, i.e. Timer0's) that I had caught during calibration attempting, if they are needed. I'm also hoping I got all of my information needed into this post!