~VGC Pokemon of the Week~
Cheers, all ^.^
So, I wanted to start up a resource for newer players, as well as give other players a chance to discuss the common threats in VGC. Every week, either Solace or myself will post a new Pokemon for everyone to discuss.
General topics that I'd like to see discussed:
- What sets are popular and effective?
- What general roles and niches does this Pokemon fulfill?
- What advantages does it have over the other Pokemon with these roles? Disadvantages?
- What does this Pokemon effectively counter, check, and threaten?
- What counters, checks, and threatens this Pokemon?
- What are good teammates?
- How does this Pokemon fit into the metagame in general, and how has the metagame adapted to its presence?
Goals of the Project:
- To produce a great resource for newer players looking to get into VGC. I'll keep a table of contents, so users will easily be able to find the specific Pokemon they want to learn more about, or simply read through the thread to get an idea of each Pokemon and it's effect on the metagame.
- To give VGC players a chance to discuss, dissect, and explain their experiences with each Pokemon, how it best functions, and what roles it plays in our metagame.
- To create a more casual alternative to onsite analyses, driven by the experiences of everyone playing the metagame as opposed to just a singular, unified view. This should hopefully shed more light on the ups and downs of a Pokemon, and explain why various players would want to use or not use it.
Table of Contents:
Week 1: Volcarona
Week 2: Abomasnow
Week 3: Hydreigon
Week 4: Gastrodon
Week 5: Heatran
Week 6: Hitmontop
Week 7: Metagross
Week 8: Terrakion
Week 9: Breloom
Week 10: Ludicolo