This is the thread for people to announce their desire to become either the Topic Leader (TL) or a member of the Topic Leadership Team (TLT) for this creation project. Do not suggest other users.
If someone wants to become the TL or a TLT member, they will post on their own, and if they don't have a strong urge to be it then they shouldn't be signing up anyway. The CAP project requires the utmost dedication and a substantial amount of free time, especially to lead, meaning that only those who have carefully considered the magnitude of their application will apply at all. If you are not prepared to fulfill all of the responsibilities to the very end, then do not throw your hat into the ring.
Remember, there are new positions available for CAP 5 leadership, namely the Topic Leadership Team. Please read this post
for a full understanding of what this entails. Furthermore, it is important to understand the new changes to the CAP project; all of them can be found here
. We are looking to fill the following five
positions to help us lead the creation of this new Pokemon:
- Topic Leader: In the public's eyes, this is the leader of the project. Unlike past Topic Leaders, they now only make the slate for Concept Submissions. Overall, the goal of the TL is "quality control", not "project control". The responsibilities of the TL include running Concept Assessment, Threats Discussion, and finalizing the slates of TLT members.
- Topic Leadership Team: The TLT will be leading the four major competitive aspects of creating a Pokemon. They will make slates for their respective threads and provide meaningful discussion points to their specific area. Note that TLT members are allowed to make submissions during stages of the CAP process that they are not actively leading. We are looking to fill the following four positions:
- Typing Leader
- Ability Leader
- Stats Leader
- Movepool Leader
When making your application, please indicate which position(s) you are applying for. You must identify whether you're applying for TL or TLT (you are allowed to apply for both). You are allowed to specific which position you'd like to fill on the TLT, but it is not required. Topic leaders and TLT members should have the following qualifications:
- Deep knowledge of the game of Pokemon
- Familiarity with competitive Pokemon concepts, strategy and philosophy, as practiced within Smogon
- Willing to voice opinions and lead others
- Open-minded to new ideas
- Creative, "outside-of-the-box" thinker
- Good writing skills
- Level-headed when resolving disputes
- Liked and respected by the CAP community
Once this CAP starts, the Topic Leader and the Topic Leadership Team will be the most important, most visible members of the CAP community, and they are expected to be a strong guiding force throughout the creation process. If you are selected for any of these positions, you will have a great deal of power to influence the project. But you also have a responsibility to stay on top of things. You will have forum moderators to help you, but you need to be regularly active on the project until it is complete. All potential candidates should look through both the Topic Leadership Guide
and the CAP Process Archive
, to get an idea of what will be expected of you, if you are selected to be the CAP 5 Topic Leader or TLT member.
This thread is strictly for candidacy posts and posts supporting those candidates. Please stay on topic. Below are the guidelines for posting in this thread:
If these rules are not followed, the offending user will be subject to moderation.
- Candidates must have been actively involved through the entire duration of the most recent CAP project. Involvement in multiple CAP projects is strongly preferred.
- Do not suggest other people. If you want you encourage someone else to run, then send them a PM or talk to them on IRC.
- If you are new to the CAP project, do not sign up in this thread. Instead, spend a project or two lurking, learning, and participating first.
- Include a summary of your involvement in the CAP project.
- Make a pitch for why you should be selected. If you can't present and defend yourself, then you can't expect to lead a project whose primary function is discussion and debate. Convince us that you are a good choice.
- Poor spelling, punctuation, and grammar are great ways to look as though you don't know what you're talking about. A thoughtful and intelligent community leader should be capable of typing at a level above typical internet banter.
- Even if you don't think you are better qualified than certain other candidates, you still should consider posting your application. Candidates not selected as TL or TLT for this project will be on the watch list by the PRC for next time around. Don't post your name if you don't intend to be active in the project, even if you are not selected, since people will be scrutinizing your involvement more closely.
- Feel free to post support for any candidates already named.
- Do not post disparaging remarks about any candidates.
Best of luck to all applicants! Let's begin.