Feb 4th, 2013, 5:54:32 PM
Join Date: Jan 2013
Name: “The Wall of Pain” (Alternatively: “The Sweep Stopper”)
General Description: A Pokémon that can stop sweepers clean with an array of disrupting moves instead of being a meat shield.
Justification: We have a lot of Pokémon that wall. Usually, it’s the natural bulk that ends the sweeps. However, there are nearly no Pokémon that can end a sweep without needing a bit of bulk. This concept will fix that by giving the metagame a ‘mon that can take on the many sweepers of the metagame and even become a threat on its own.
Questions To Be Answered:
Explanation: While there ARE many status inducers in the metagame, most are either not offensive enough or cannot take the advantage of sweeping after the opponent switches out. This concept plans to fix that, by having a Pokémon that can not only cripple many sweepers, but can also sweep on its own. Yes, that would make the pokemon counter itself, but it would also be able to counter OU's toughest sweepers. By threatening them with status and the possibility of KO, I'd see this pokémon widely used, as a sweeper or sweep stopper.
- What are OU’s top sweepers most threatened by?
- Do walls necessarily need bulk to function well?
- What kinds of disrupting moves are needed to mess with the sweepers’ potential?
- How much offense does The Wall of Pain need to become a threat itself?
- Will Taunt be a necessity to stop this Pokémon, effectively increasing usage of its users?
- Will the metagame be at least a bit less offensive with the introduction of The Wall Of Pain?
THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM.
Skiwjubg for gig tuer.
[19:25] <elevator_music> birkal lets work together to remake the dat
[19:26] <birkal> YES
[19:26] <birkal> I would do it so hard
Last edited by Canis Majoris; Feb 7th, 2013 at 12:37:00 PM.