Thanks for the feedback, I see where I went wrong and went to do some thinking. Came up with a new idea.
That Opponent Seems Different
A Pokemon that can control the opponents abilities, type and/or items across the team and shift these around to destroy momentum across a range of Pokemon both in and out of weather.
The metagame is largely based around weather and the pokemon that shine in these conditions. Whether this be through their type, abilities, items or any combination of the three
Questions To Be Answered:
- How do you go around helping destroy or hindering the above on a scale which is more than the one Trick?
- What way can we design a CAP that creates a niche that is effective against, not just weather teams, but has uses outside without making it a central mon?
- What Pokemon already have the ability to somehow screw around with the opponents types, abilities or items, yet cannot use these tools effectively due to their short comings?
- Where does the biggest problem lie in the above three (type/abilities/items) when facing the top tier OU?
- After screwing around with the above, how do you capitalise on the mind games to have a chance to take control of the match
- Do we allow the CAP to have benefits in some of the weather conditions and if so, how od we balance it so it doesn't become a way to counter one type of weather or be used only in weather?
Looking back on my old idea and the metagame as a whole, the thing that does stand out is the over centralization on weather. Being able to effectively "counter" this without he CAP being over powered is hard due to the popularity of the Big 3 (SS, Rain, Sun), so instead lets look at the things that make weather so powerful and try to cripple Pokemon from that area.
We already have Pokemon to do this somewhat in the Pokemon world in these spectrums (Alomamola and Soak for type, Rotom Trick for items, Cofagrius and Mummy for ability, etc) but these Pokemon suffer with the problem of:-
- Being unable to do anything with what they do (such as Soak)
- Can cripple one opponent potentially but then be normal after (Trick users)
- Can change abilities but cannot do anything after that
So what the idea of this is would be to create a CAP that could effectively due one of these roles or be able to capitalise on what they have done on the next turn. Although items are staples of all Pokemon, it's their effectiveness when combined with an ability and/or weather that really makes them shine (Ice Body Walerin, Rain Dish Tentacruel, LO Chlorophyll Venusaur).
Now the thing I propose mainly is a Pokemon that can "mess" with an opponent to the extent that the Pokemon that shines due to weather or has shined due to weather can suddenly be crippled without taking their sunshine/rain/sand away. It will be a Pokemon not used primarily as a weather counter, but will have use of it's abilities outside due to the Shenanigans it brings through using some possible low end moves and using them to their full advantage.
I do have particular specific examples in mind with how we could primarily use the tools of something we don't see very often to cripple and potentially create numerous problem but I will leave it open ended to see what kind of things could possibly be brought to the table when looking at this potential CAP idea. It could be a large movepool which allows for these tricks to be used against certain teams and that in itself runs a risk. If you have a set focusing on each one, they will be effective, but will be at it's "peak" in prime conditions and usable outside those conditions.