Monotype Tournament IV!
A huge thank you to Pkrs for this wonderful artwork!
So, yeah, this is the Monotype Tournament IV! Most of you probably know the rules, but for those of you who don’t, it’s fairly simple: standard BW2 OU, but with a twist-your whole team must be of one type! I will PM you 3 types (chosen at random) and you will PM me back your choice. For example, I send Bob this PM, “Here are your 3 types. Choose wisely: Psychic, Fighting, Ground.” Bob then replies to that PM with the type he chooses (most likely Fighting). You may have double-typings, and your type doesn’t even have to be the primary type, just be one of the types. So, if your type is Psychic, you can have Espeon, Mr. Mime, Slowbro, Latias, Exeggutor, and Metagross, or any other Psychic-type you can think of. You can have different teams every round or the same one; I honestly don't care as long as all of your pokemon are of your type.
Rules & Clauses:
- Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown! Unless both players are in agreement to play it somewhere else.
- Please save a log, in case of a dispute! If there is a dispute, just PM me the log and it can be sorted out.
- This will be a 64, 128, or possibly 256-man tournament, depending on the interest. The first 62.5% spots in the tournament will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis. The remaining 37.5% spots will be given out randomly to people who signed up.
- If there is a tier change in the middle of a round, the previous tiers will stay in place until the next round. Then is when they will switch.
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Terrakion on his or her team.
- Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
- Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
- Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
- Team Preview: Since this tourney is supposed to be sorta based on not knowing what your opponent has, team preview must be off.
- Also, it's probably a good idea to read that rules and guidelines thread. You see it stickied, in the Tournaments section? Read it.
The second round will last until
March 11, 2013!!! Sunday, March 17!!!
Second Round Matchups:
Morgenstern vs Dr Ciel
FLCL vs H-C
Yosh SiliS vs Hiipfire
Phoenix512 vs AuraRayquaza
celever vs Anno nyme
BdB4445 vs Enguarde
malekith vs Flaresun
McMeghan vs vileman
Pedrock vs lily
YungHungCrock vs Zephir
CrashinBoomBang vs stairwaytohell
llvallejoll vs Ryanor
davidness vs ginganinja
Eo Ut Mortus vs michael209
Double01 vs reachzero
Sir vs SubakSupreme
Raseri vs Frizy
TheSweeper vs Nglittleguy
WhiteQueen vs Demist
Knight1337 vs Synth Metal
fairytale vs dragonuser
Shiny Sparks vs Django
Metal Sonic vs MadBull
Atoni vs Lavos Spawn
Marshall.Law vs complete legitimacy
Don Honchkrorleone vs Finchinator
SOMALIA vs Vinc2612
Kennen vs pokebasket
Novaray vs Celsius
Tobes vs CBTerrakion
ModestGarchomp vs Espeons
lapras6666 vs FireMage