Deoxys-S is a fine replacement over Skarmory for the much higher Speed if you really need it. Zekrom and Reshiram are also issues. There are a few advantages of Skarmory over Deoxys-S
1) It is immune to sandstorm, and Tyranitar can't limit you to one layer
2) Skarmory can still phaze the opponent, such as SD Arceus trying to setup on your lead
3) No one expects to see Custap Skarmory as a suicide lead, people think they are walls.
4) Skarmory doesn't care about Giratina-O lacking Hidden Power Fire or Thunder which is becoming rarer these days
5) Deoxys-A can't 2HKO without using Thunder or maybe Rash Ice Beam. Superpower, Shadow Ball and Extremespeed will do little damage.
6) In case they try to spam Thunder to paralyze you, Custap Berry still has a good chance to activate as long as you don't get fully paralyzed.
But then, this is a bird team, no aliens allowed :[
Thanks for liking the team :)
Ho-Oh and Giratina-O are the only ones in the team who are capable of tanking so don't rely on that too much. This team basically forces you to attack straight up after setting up with Skarmory. All the birds outrun Support Dialga, and those fast Choice Specs versions are unfortunately hard to deal with. Honchkrow has Superpower too to almost KO max HP Dialga.
Yeah Shaymin-S was horribly weak sometimes which is why I used Choice Specs earlier. It gives you a much better chance of flinching things like Lugia and Giratina to death.
Those Ice, Electric and Stealth Rock weakness are sad, but only prediction can help and you just have to hit back hard. Groudon dies to Shaymin-S, Skarmory can Taunt it, and if it is a fast SR Dialga or Scarf Deoxys-S, then they will probably get up their rocks by surprise.
Yeah I am looking forward to Yveltal, it does look like a strong candidate for birds, maybe a new king of birds?
Well Shaymin-S has feathers, maybe wings as ears LOL. Yeah I never flinch people much with it, you can even see in the last few replays, Air Slash never flinches. Also, it can fly and lives in the sky. There are no Grass Birds, Jumpluff isn't a bird at all and it sucks.
Thanks for rating.
You can also ask user Donkey on how to use Birds effectively, but his team was from a different era, the time when Dinosaurs and Birds were once united as one to deal with sea monsters.
<&GreatSage> if nothing else it's a "trickroom teaches pokemon" thread
<&GreatSage> which is reason enough to keep it
<@Colonel_M> I once heard Jibaku considered Scarf Gyarados for his Ubers team
<syrim> Trickroom the ultimate synguuest
Last edited by trickroom; Mar 2nd, 2013 at 3:59:50 AM.