The Next Best Thing - Spiritomb [Voting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Molk and Feranfell's sets are certainly more solid and tested, since they are also hinted on the boards of Smogon. Even if I'd like to build something around that, I want to give my vote for original Magical Magmortar's set. I think (with unwanted surprise) it might work very well.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
hi i know i'm late but this entei kicks ass so dwi

Entei @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Toxic
- Protect

toxic stalls slowkings, still serves its role as a strongmon with great priority, bulk is improved with extra lefties from protect, impossible to switch into without letting a wall get toxiced

deserves to be the standard. hates qwilfish.

ss234

bop.
Sry for the delay-tests are such a pain...
Anyway, feran wins with 11 votes! Now, time for the next mon...

Sigilyph

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Cosmic Power
- Psycho Shift
- Stored Power
- Whirlwind

Well, many of us know dangerousness of Cosmic Power Sigilyph's set. This version is purposely built as fast as possible with Timid Nature and 252 Atk EVs; Power Cosmic allows to increase the defense and special defense. Boost are also needed to Stored Power to become much more than just a threat. Psycho Shift in conjunction with a Flame Orb physical damage opponent attackers. Now why not take advantage of the decent speed and any entry hazard?
Then, Whirlwind could prove to be an effective way to damage and compromise opposite team, like good SR and/or spiker teammate.

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psycho Shift
- Psychic
- Roost

This set is used as a lure but also has the ability to sweep once its counters are removed, which becomes easier when most of them are severely hindered by a burn. Spiritomb, Escavalier, Aggron, Rhydon, and sometimes Durant, Absol Drapion, and Crawdaunt are some examples of Sigilyph switch-ins. Burn is also appreciated to wear down Pokemon such as Slowking and Uxie. Flame Orb is not only used for inflicting status on the opponent, but also for protecting Sigilyph from paralysis. Many teams use Pokemon such as Slowking, Uxie, Druddigon, and Clefable to paralyze offensive Sigilyph and slow it down, but this is not possible if Sigilyph is already burned. This allows Sigilyph to get to +6 on Pokemon like Slowking and Clefable. Roost is important if you want to attempt a late-game sweep, as Sigilyph will still take a bit of damage from Escavalier or Spiritomb's Pursuit as well as have some other damage from trying to set up. You could probably replace it with another coverage move if you don't need Sigilyph to stick around.

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
on your wings (Sigilyph) @ Flame Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Psychic / Psyshock

this set pretty much destroys stall mercilessly. i use this with spikes and psyshock whenever im stall weak... cryogonal gets destroyed by psyshock so it has no chance to spin and just sr + 1 layer of spikes allows you to beat spiritomb. with 0 atk ivs and a timid nature, foul play is doing ~38% and you easily just whirlwind it away until it is forced to rest. once it has to rest it loses. simple as that

flame orb lets you feign cm shift or cosmic power and also prevents status like paralysis

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVS: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Special Attack
Tailwind
Psycho Shift
Psychic/Air Slash
Roost
Sigilyph can be a great team supporter with Tailwind doubling the speed of the entire party, allowing powerful hitters such as Entei, which then outspeeds Scarfed Typhlosion, to wreak havoc on everything. Sigilyph can still spread status with burn, and Roost to heal off Stealth Rock damage. Overall, if you want something that can provide your team with speed beyond compare, then Tailwind Syglyph is what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)