New list of infractions
Okay, since there seems to be consensus on my intent to revise the infraction system, part 2 is to develop the new infractions, their values, and their lengths. Here is the preliminary list from the other topic, for reference:
- Junior Modding
- Incomprehensible Post
- Thread Necromancy
- Insulted Other Members
- Illegal Material (ROMs, Pirated Software, etc.)
- Insubordination (this applies to the "don't edit back if a mod edited it" rule, but is probably also useful for people who give retarded replies to infractions)
- Signature Violation
- Forum Specific Rule (this is a blanket infraction for people who violate specific forum rules like the RMT board stuff)
- Lurk More (the "general stupidity" rule)
- Repeated Infraction (a stronger infraction for people who consistently do the same things over and over again)
As a starting point, here is how I think these should be done:
* Junior Modding: 1 pt, 90 days
* Advertising: 2 pts, 120 days
* Trolling: 2 pts, 90 days
* Incomprehensible Post: 1 pt, 45 days
* Thread Necromancy: 1 pt, 30 days
* Insulted Other Members: 2 pts, 90 days
* Illegal Materials: 3 pts, 120 days
* Insubordination: 2 pts, 120 days
* Signature Violation: 1 pt, 45 days
* Forum Specific Rule: 1 pt, 90 days
* Lurk More: 1 pt, 45 days
* Repeated Offense: 2 pts, 120 days
Repeated Offense will, I think, most often be applied in the case of Forum Specific Rule, Lurk More, and Incomprehensible Post, removing the need for these infractions to be specifically strong or binding.
Advertising will generally be used on idiots who are only really here to pimp their site, so I don't think it really "matters" how strong this is, but whatever.
Trolling, Insulting, and Insubordination is crap that we really don't need to see outside of Firebot, so I want to come down pretty strictly on this.
Junior Modding, Thread Necromancy, and Signature Violation shouldn't really be used much, hopefully people will "get it" the first time, and if they don't, they can be smacked with Repeated Offense.
So yeah, that's my reasoning. Discuss.
Last edited by Misty; Oct 7th, 2007 at 1:56:25 PM.