CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghost/Dark have nearly the same coverage and when you resort to unSTAB Return for your third moveslot you know you have a shit movepool.

Maybe it doesn't need an evo but it sure needs some moves. An evo would be nice though. I've always wanted one.

I'm not saying that set is the best move set ever, but is very playable. Nothing is perfect. Bannette needs an evo but others need it more that it needs.

If anything, Banette evo should be Ghost/Psychic. It's a floating puppet! How could that possibly be Fighting?

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Didn't we just have a great big freaking discussion about how Banette doesn't need an evolution, just a few more moves?

It already has both Insomnia and Frisk.

Banette evo would be cool. It's like a mini-Rampardos. Good Attk, shit everything else (except Rampardos gets the SS boost, has acceptable HP, and has a movepool). An evolution would improve it greatly and add something unique to OU: physical ghost sweeper.

If anything, Banette evo should be Ghost/Psychic. It's a floating puppet! How could that possibly be Fighting?
Ballerina evo for Banntte, coming up lol.

Bannette could karate chop people since it's hand are already in the karate chop postion lol. I meant, Weavile can do it and it does have hands(have no fucking idea where his claws begin and end on that damn thing) so I guess Bannette can use the same logic there.

An evolution would improve it greatly and add something unique to OU: physical ghost sweeper.
Well-put.

I'm not totally sure what type combo I'd want to see on a Banette evo, but Normal/Ghost seems workable. Ghost/Psychic seems to make sense but would be pretty poor both offensively and defensively. Ghost/Fighting really doesn't make a whole lot of sense but would work well from a competitive standpoint.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thank god we finally killed off Warlax.
I thought a little more about Warlax and thought -- Hey, what if I went in a slightly different direction than GengarCrysis' wonderful idea? Here it is...

Since Snorlax is a pokemon that sleeps, what if we did a purely female evo that SLEEPS AROUND? Her name could be...

Whorlax.

We'd make her typing Normal/Poison to play up the whole venereal disease angle. I haven't really figured out her moveset. Trick? Pound? Helping Hand? Definitely Helping Hand....

Her base ability would be Suction Cups. Although, she generates suction a little differently than Cradily and Octillery....

I also think she should have a new ability called "Satisfaction". Any time another pokemon uses Eruption or Gunk Shot against her, they automatically faint. Yeah, that fits. Not too overpowered either....

So, whaddya think? While I thought Warlax was awesome, I think Whorlax is SO much better. C'mon guys, let's do it!

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
It needs unique moves like "Yell at children - Does 10 damage x (20 - opponents age)"

I thought a little more about Warlax and thought -- Hey, what if I went in a slightly different direction than GengarCrysis' wonderful idea? Here it is...

Since Snorlax is a pokemon that sleeps, what if we did a purely female evo that SLEEPS AROUND? Her name could be...

Whorlax.

We'd make her typing Normal/Poison to play up the whole venereal disease angle. I haven't really figured out her moveset. Trick? Pound? Helping Hand? Definitely Helping Hand....

Her base ability would be Suction Cups. Although, she generates suction a little differently than Cradily and Octillery....

I also think she should have a new ability called "Satisfaction". Any time another pokemon uses Eruption or Gunk Shot against her, they automatically faint. Yeah, that fits. Not too overpowered either....

So, whaddya think? While I thought Warlax was awesome, I think Whorlax is SO much better. C'mon guys, let's do it!
o:

I'll go for the Paris Hilton of Pokemon.

We should make a new Pokemon for practical reasons. Making Pokemon is fun and all, but I'm participating with the assumption that we will eventually try to get Nintendo to accept this Pokemon as official, and a company trademark by definition. How willing are they to accept a proposal if it changes one of the Pokemon they have already made? How do we know what their plans are for the various evolution lines? I don't care what eventually ends being made so much as I want it to be accepted.

Although it is pretty much decided, I vote for an evolution of an existing pokémon. There are many pokémon that do need this.

Well-put.

I'm not totally sure what type combo I'd want to see on a Banette evo, but Normal/Ghost seems workable. Ghost/Psychic seems to make sense but would be pretty poor both offensively and defensively. Ghost/Fighting really doesn't make a whole lot of sense but would work well from a competitive standpoint.
About Ghost-Fighting: Do you know the DarkStalkers fighting games from Capcom? Lei-Lei is one of the fighters, and she's a Chinese ghost that uses kung-fu (sort of). Why I bring this? Because her long sleeves and fighting stance remind me a lot of Banette's arms and pose. I think Banette could get a marionette Ghost/Fighting evolution with that criteria.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
Although it is pretty much decided, I vote for an evolution of an existing pokémon. There are many pokémon that do need this.

About Ghost-Fighting: Do you know the DarkStalkers fighting games from Capcom? Lei-Lei is one of the fighters, and she's a Chinese ghost that uses kung-fu (sort of). Why I bring this? Because her long sleeves and fighting stance remind me a lot of Banette's arms and pose. I think Banette could get a marionette Ghost/Fighting evolution with that criteria.
Amazing (both the series you mentioned and the idea). The only problem is that the long sleeves were already taken by Deoxys-D.

I'm so going to nickname my Deoxys-D Lei-Lei now.
Wait, I don't have one...

=
?

I could see a Banette evolution inspired by Hsien-Ko, I guess.

Maybe if Banette got some freakishly huge arms. ;;

More like this:

->

Of course, that's only an inspiration, but an evolution coming from this idea could be really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)